Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VP9 trigger reach

Feedback Score
    I actually have thought about that. But I didn't want to spend $600 to find out I didn't like it, especially if the trigger reach is too much for me to begin with.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    I actually have thought about that. But I didn't want to spend $600 to find out I didn't like it, especially if the trigger reach is too much for me to begin with.
    I can pop the panels off mine tonight and give you the dimensions stripped. PM if you need them. I can give P30 dimensions too if needed.

Feedback Score
    Got to handle a VP9 in person today.

I'm starting to doubt removing the backstrap and filling it in with epoxy, like the grip reductions for M&P's Diversified Firearm Concepts does, will help any. That trigger reach is just too damned long for me. Granted, I didn't get to hold it without the side panels or backstrap in place (store policy).

Feedback Score
    Got to handle a VP9 in person today.
    Did it have all small panels (back, left and right) installed or was it "out of the box"?
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    It was out of the box, so I believe it had all the medium parts installed on it. I wasn't allowed to put all the small panels on, but I couldn't see just how much a difference it would have made.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You may be relegated to a smaller pistol. Consider a Walther PPS. It is single stack, so reach is less of an issue, and it comes with multiple backstrap sizes. It is available in 9mm or .40 cal and in many ways shoots like a full-size pistol. You might also find that the trigger-guard magazine release allows faster mag changes without having to shift your grip in order to hit a conventional mag release button with your thumb. My wife has pretty small hands. She has a PPS too and finds it very comfortable to grip and shoot well.

Feedback Score
    I wasn't allowed to put all the small panels on, but I couldn't see just how much a difference it would have made.
    If it is similar to P30 (I believe it is), then it makes big difference. I know how big it is to me going up from medium to large. Going down from medium to small is similar. At least my not-wife says so.

Try to go to range with rental VP9 and try. It seems only option for you. Or go to HKPro and look for member with VP9 in your area - we love converting people to HK
    Last edited by montrala; 10-30-14 at 16:41.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    I wear a size small gloves but the M&P9 and 40, and the VP9, all feel great in my hands. The M&P 45 is too big, though. Even with my small hands I still prefer the large back straps on both the Smith & Wesson's and on the VP9.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12