Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PMC Bronze Vs Wolf Gold .223?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1 for Wolf or whatever is cheapest. No problems through my BCM 14.5 middy or PWS at all.

Feedback Score
    Wolf is fine. And it's cheaper. I've had no issues with it. (11.5" and 14.5" BCMs)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There's been a few threads on various sites about wolf being very close to 556-type performance.

Personally, I've shot a boat load of wolf through my old bushmaster and my newer DD V11, and I think it does well. Certainly performs better than I do.
    Last edited by CatSnipah; 02-08-15 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    In my experience, the Wolf has a bit more velocity than the PMC (the brown and black box, not the X-Tac). While PMC brass would only get a couple of feet out of the ejection port, the Wolf ejected textbook. I would have no problems buying and using the wolf gold. The guy on the left of me at the last carbine class shot it exclusively through a SCAR and an AR with no issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have gone through over 1k of the wolf gold stuff in the last couple months with great results.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    In my experience, the Wolf has a bit more velocity than the PMC (the brown and black box, not the X-Tac). While PMC brass would only get a couple of feet out of the ejection port, the Wolf ejected textbook. I would have no problems buying and using the wolf gold. The guy on the left of me at the last carbine class shot it exclusively through a SCAR and an AR with no issues.
    Seems like I have read this a lot now about Wolf Gold having better velocity then PMC Bronze.

So if I can save 15 bucks on 1k rounds by going with Wolf over PMC it sounds like it's worth it.

So in it having better velocity out the gate then PMC will that also help target accuracy in the 100-200 yards range at all?

I'm wanting the best budget paper punching accurate ammo I can find
    Current Arms:
    - BCM 16" ELW w/13" KMR on Spikes Lower AR-15
    - Arsenal Bulgarian SAM7R AK47
    - CZ Shadow 2
    - CZ P-10c FDE
    - CZ EVO 3 Carbine FDE
    - Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
    - Sig P365
    - Walther Arms PPQ M2 9mm
    - Ruger Precision Rifle .308
    - Beretta A300 Outlander 12G Shotgun