Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PMC Bronze Vs Wolf Gold .223?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

PMC Bronze Vs Wolf Gold .223?

Alright, so given that the Wolf Gold and PMC Bronze .223 are generally around the same price, which is worth the money?

PMC Bronze .223 is generally known as a "meh" weak round, but decent range fodder.

Wolf Gold is apparently the new hotness for folks on a budget.
    But I hear good and bad- some guys are claiming awesome performance and accuracy, and other saying it's still pretty mediocre and not so accurate?

Which is it?

Does anyone have any hard accuracy comparison data between the two?
    Chrono data on the two so they can be compared?
    Exactly how underpowered and mediocre are we looking at here?

I did not see any direct comparison when I searched, hence the thread.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have no hard data figures, but I have at least 2,000 rounds of use with both through the same rifles.

My subjective comparisons are: no difference in accuracy, the PMC is slightly less powerful (based on suppressed and unsuppressed sound/recoil)

If given a choice for 1000 rounds I would choose whichever was cheaper - even by a dollar.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can't argue with Euro's assessment.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Can't argue with Euro's assessment.
    I second this.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I shot some PMC Bronze 55g over my Chronograph once or twice, I don't have the data recorded, but I recall it floated between 26 -2700 FPS. Not very punchy and not very consistent either. I have not shot any wolf recently and have no chronograph data from it to share. I have always found PMC to feed and eject reliably and have had little trouble with it in both pistol and rifle calibers.

I generally roll my own and prefer shooting my loads.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-25-14 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree with Eurodriver as well. As far as range ammo goes, just go with the cheaper option. I use PMC Bronze 55gr for range usage and haven't had any issues to date. I wish I had info on Wolf Gold for you but I haven't needed to buy more 5.56 yet.
    Rangers Lead The Way

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've shot both out of a 20". PMC Bronze did about 2850 fps. Wolf Gold did 3235 fps. It's been awhile since I've shot the PMC, I don't remeber the accuracy I got. The Wolf did 2-2.25" for 5 shots at 100 yds.

Feedback Score
    I've shot about 3k of each in the last year. For my type shooting, I see zero difference in the two. Both are the same @ 50 yd zero. My deciding factor on what I bring/shoot is if I have/want to leave the brass, the Wolfs are crimped. PMC isn't. If the brass is going to be left, I leave the Wolf.
    JMO

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    My vote is for Wolf Gold. I have run a case of it in the last month or so and its my new go to. Never a hiccup and the brass is nice. Under $300 shipped makes me smile.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanq View Post
    I've shot about 3k of each in the last year. For my type shooting, I see zero difference in the two. Both are the same @ 50 yd zero. My deciding factor on what I bring/shoot is if I have/want to leave the brass, the Wolfs are crimped. PMC isn't. If the brass is going to be left, I leave the Wolf.
    JMO
    Interesting.
    I didn't know that.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast