Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 9" AAC 300BK upper, need sight and ammo recommendations

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mil/Mil 1-6x is a great option for 300blk subs/supers. The Bushnell tactical has a great mil reticle that has a 10 mil drop hashes. Dead on at 100yrds and 8 mil drop for subs at 300yrds. I've had no issues switching between supers/subs....dope cards are bad ass for this reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Seems complicated. Buy a good red dot and lean the holdovers. Not that drastic unless you are shooting over 100 yards with subs.
    For subsonic 300 blk out, use a 4 MOA red dot and zero it at the very top edge of the dot at approximately 45 - 50 yrds. At 100 yrds the bullet will be impacting at the bottom edge of the red dot. Depends on your load and velocity but 45 to 50 yrds will be close with the 220 gr subsonic load. That will have you covered from 0-100 yrds.

I dropped a hog at 180 yrds using the 300 blkout with a pvs-14 and an ir laser with a 125gr SST hornady bullet loaded on the hot side with my AAC 9.5" upper. The laser was at the very top of the arch on the back, and the bullet dropped in for a direct impact to the shoulder dropping him instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Is there another subsonic option for plinking and defense?
    The consensus over at 300BlkTalk is that almost no existing .308 bullet or factory load will give anything but dismal terminal performance when loaded for subsonic - they just won't expand or fragment or even tumble at those velocities, so all you get is a neat .30 hole. One exception is the Lehigh Maximum Expansion bullet which is specifically designed to expand at velocities down to 800 fps or so. The drawback is that it's very expensive - $77 for 100 bullets or $50 for 20 loaded rounds. http://www.lehighdefense.com/index.p...on-ammo-detail There are a few other bullets designed for subsonic expansion but AFAIK none of them is offered as loaded ammo. But I wouldn't even think of using ammo like the Remington subsonic using standard match bullets for hunting or defense. It's fine for plinking, though. But with the cost of currently available ammo if you really want to shoot subsonic .300 BLK in large quantities you need to either be independently wealthy or take up reloading.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone tried the Gemtech subs yet? I see it cataloged, but never in stock anywhere. It might have some promise.

The Fiocchi ammo is finally starting to roll out too. And Armscor has a super listed at a nice price, but haven't seen that available either.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tower View Post
    Has anyone tried the Gemtech subs yet? I see it cataloged, but never in stock anywhere. It might have some promise.

The Fiocchi ammo is finally starting to roll out too. And Armscor has a super listed at a nice price, but haven't seen that available either.
    DSG in Dallas has gem tech subs for $389 a case of 500.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Guess my price was wrong.

https://dsgarms.com/ktgemammo-300blk-187

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Guess my price was wrong.

https://dsgarms.com/ktgemammo-300blk-187

No worries - I wouldn't buy a case without trying it out anyway.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You can buy it by the box same store link.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tower View Post

My buddy kept having issues with the Gemtech on an AAC 9", but he was also using a Vltor A5 buffer system and he was unsupressed so I feel those are factors to consider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12