Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vehicle mounted mag pouch

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post
    Well I've got lots of storage space on my uniform but I don't want the weight unless I get a hot call. I could just scoop up the rifle mags when I arrive on scene
    Understood.

I like to limit tasks I have to perform on the way out of a car. Depending on your setup, consider how saturated you already are, and the impact of adding another thing to do on arrival to the mix. Especially one that manages a small item and pockets under stress.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Understood.

I like to limit tasks I have to perform on the way out of a car. Depending on your setup, consider how saturated you already are, and the impact of adding another thing to do on arrival to the mix. Especially one that manages a small item and pockets under stress.
    I know you weren't addressing me, but I agree with your line of thought. The mags I posted a pic of mounted to the door are extras. They don't count against the mags on my belt/kit, in my go-bag, or on the extra plate carrier I keep behind my seat. They are there in case I'm pinned in the vehicle and have to fight using only the items within reach.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So I really like the mk2 mag pouch. Might get that and Mille it to a drop leg holster and keep that somewhere easy to get to

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Look at Eagle Industries Patrol Bandoleer. I carry 2 M4 mags in one pocket, additional Med stuff in the other, 2 spare pistol mags on the side. It fit in the door pocket of my Crown Vic, great for grab and go. Low profile , lightweight and inexpensive if you can find them. They made a MOLLE version at one point also.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane1 View Post
    Look at Eagle Industries Patrol Bandoleer. I carry 2 M4 mags in one pocket, additional Med stuff in the other, 2 spare pistol mags on the side. It fit in the door pocket of my Crown Vic, great for grab and go. Low profile , lightweight and inexpensive if you can find them. They made a MOLLE version at one point also.
    I do have one of those Eagle units. Tis' quite nice.

Along the same lines, this is what you can find for ten bucks shipped off fleabay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-ACU-MOL...item4189427628

Just use "Bandoleer Magazine Pouch" as your search term. Mine has two AR mags, two Glock mags, an Izzy bandage and a Surefire G2 flashlight in it. Cheap and easily replaced if lost/stolen.

Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another vote for the Eagle PB as a minimalist solution. Muy bueno.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I screwed in an extra holster and mag pouch into the center console of my LR3. A full size Glock and extra mag are always there and somewhat secure.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I used the above mentioned Eagle bandoleer for years. 2 years ago I ordered one for every marked unit. Good piece of gear. The only other thing that might be as easy could be a small lightweight chest rig along the lines of the BFG. To me that's not as simple and I like simple.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One other thing...I picked up one of the T.I.B. from TSD and have enjoyed it for a couple of years now. Holds just about everything I need on a daily basis..with a little extra room for day to day items. The only issue I have had with it, are the zipper pulls have been replaced with real 550 cord and the padded part of the strap/sling kept twisting the strap up, so I had it tacked to the strap. As far as the robustness of the bag..it has been drug all over and held up with probably 8 pounds worth of stuff riding in it.

Feedback Score
    This is what I purchased recently and I love it and it works well and can be removed if need to.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Army-MOLLE-V...item27e384c34f I payed about $14.00 for mine so shop around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12