Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo58
    My slimmer watch is a TAG Heuer 1000 Pro (no longer made) but it's been good to me for the past 16 years.
    I've been wearing one of those TAGs since my wife gave it to me 14+ years ago.

However, over the past couple of weeks, I've started wearing a couple of other watches sometimes. One is an Omega SeaMaster (from the 1960s) that I inherited from my dad. The other is an even older gold Omega automatic that I inherited from my dad and he had inherited from his dad.

Timex and Casio make great watches (especially for hard work and play) but these watches I typically wear have sentimental value.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    A man should wear two forms of jewlry, a watch and a wedding rings. With that said, I have always liked the Omega brand so several years ago I bought a SeaMaster and absolutely love it!

C4
    I believe that the Omega brand would break the 150 dollar budget he has set. But yes they are nice watches and are the brand of 007.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    Both of my Eco-Drives went back to the factory after they went TU. Diagnosis...Compressor failure...for both! Not a happy camper, am I.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild
    I believe that the Omega brand would break the 150 dollar budget he has set. But yes they are nice watches and are the brand of 007.
    I picked up an Omega knockoff that is so well done that I'm constantly getting compliments about it. I have to tell them it's a fake but I like wearing it and not worrying about scratching it. Now the genuine Omega would be very nice. I love the "Seamaster" model. I had a Timex Ironman back in the '80s that I dragged through basic and it held up well but it was no longer aesthetically attractive -- lots of scars .

Wow! Thanks for the heads up on the Eco-Drives. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Did Citizen warranty them?
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    How about this one.

Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    I know $1,200 is probably slightly above your listed price range...but WOW!! I think this thing is made from depleted uranium and some Abrahams M1 tank tread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    I gotta go with the Luminox. I've had a couple and they all work great. No bells and whistles, it just tells time and holds up well. It's a little cliche now among the shooting community, but it's still a good product.

I've been wearing one every day for over 2 years. When (if) it croaks, I'll get another one.

Bomber

Feedback Score
    My Seiko has been ticking away for 5 years now. It's seen two deployment cruises as an aircraft mechanic, poly and epoxy paint overspray, then thinner or citrus based solvents to clean it, the beach every summer, and the occasional lobster dive between 30-50 feet.

I've had to replace the band pins due to being bent while using my punching bag. One replacement battery, and I had to have the day hand re-mounted. I think that one was an act of God though. I was teasing my shopmates that I was flying off the boat in 10, 9, 8, days...every morning. So I woke up one morning and the day hand fell off! They never let me live that one down.

So in my opinion, Seiko is good to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -Wes-
    So in my opinion, Seiko is good to go.
    Indeed. I have four Seiko Automatic Diver's watches.

Feedback Score

Seiko - thumbs up!

Yes, I forgot to mention Seiko. I had a Seiko that I purchased in 1982, the all titanium chronograph model, all black. I gave it to my father as a gift and he still wears it today. Seiko gets my nod.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast