Thread: G26 Gen4 and Gen3 differences

Feedback Score

G26 Gen4 and Gen3 differences

Does anyone know what or if there is any differences between the Gen4 and Gen3 G26, other than the grip of course?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Springs, magazine releases, finish.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Magazine release is the biggest functional difference. Gen4 is bigger & reversible.

Feedback Score
    The above is accurate. I thought my Gen 3 trigger was ever so slightly lighter as is the pattern Gen 3 vs Gen 4. With less to hold onto, I prefer the purchase on the Gen 4, texture and size.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, I need to pick one up soooon. Is the trigger bar the same or does it have the Gen4 'bump' on it? I replaced the bar in my Gen4 G23 along with the connector with good results, hoping the G26 is good to go.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Gen 4 G27 had the bump. You can switch it as preferred. The recoil spring should be the same as a Gen 3 though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wasn't the gen4 known for brass to face problems?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Wasn't the gen4 known for brass to face problems?
    I think that was largely limited to the G17 and G19. Since the G26/27 were designed around the dual-recoil spring, it seemed like the Gen. 4s had fewer teething problems. That being said, I'm of the opinion (somewhat informed, but by no means expert) that the Gen. 4 issues were either recoil-spring weight issues that have been ironed out, or a period where some out-of-spec or tolerance-stacked slides slipped through.

I prefer the Gen. 4s for both grip texture and grip size/shape. This is particularly noticeable in the baby Glocks where the "hump" is higher up. My personal approach is to avoid Glocks in the L through S or T range, but would not hesitate to buy a current production gun, and for the Gen. 3 vs. 4 baby Glocks, it's just a matter of opinion on texture/grip shape.