Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11.5 Commando build question

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Some pics of my M733 upper for reference.

-VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    t15, Any update?
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    t15, Any update?
    yes, i have received the upper! all went smoothly and i am satisfied. bolt was dry as a bone and there was quite a bit of carbon around the bore. barrel looks good, far from being shot out. passes the head space gauges and everythings marked colt!

i hope it is a shooter, it will be a while before i can spend any decent amount of time on the range. mine seems to have more wear than yours especially on the deflector and top of the handle, but thats ok. has tritium sights installed and the same green paint under the windage screw.

20150928_182202.jpg

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Awesome! Now you need some skinny 6-hole hand guards and an N1 fiberlite stock to 'finish' the M733 look.
    Mine is surprisingly accurate. At least, it is at 25yds. The green paint is a strange trait to have in common.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    i think i am going to try the rock river arms carbine hand guards are they are said to be very comparable to the colts @ $20 ouch! the stock situation is a bit worse as model 1 sales seems to only sell them as a kit with buffer and spring for $40 :-(

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    i think i am going to try the rock river arms carbine hand guards are they are said to be very comparable to the colts @ $20 ouch! the stock situation is a bit worse as model 1 sales seems to only sell them as a kit with buffer and spring for $40 :-(
    M&A Parts has just the stock body.

http://mapartsinc.com/shop/details.a...97&iSubTwo=408
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Here's my budget 733 clone-

Got a used Diemaco (Colt Canada) 6933 upper for cheap off Gunbroker, switched out the upper receiver for one I bought off Midway USA, and threw it on a Gen I Noveske lower with some LMT parts and a M&A buttstock. It's not 100% accurate, but for a shooter it's perfect.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

This thread has caused serious flashbacks.

Back in the "Day" I carried a 11.5" barreled CAR-16 Commando w/ A1 flash hider ( removed the long birdcage unit ).

Back in '82 during a field day at the armory I came across a chrome lined 14.5" 1:12 twist Commando barrel and was told to "shitcan" it. Instead I kept it and one day I'll do something with it. I thought about building a dedicated .22LR upper ( I have 2 Ciener kits ) but lately have been thinking about a Commando clone

Here's a pic:

It even has the caps for the old triangle handguards.

Paul
    Last edited by Stengun; 11-28-15 at 10:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Back in the "Day" I carried a 11.5" barreled CAR-16 Commando w/ A1 flash hider ( removed the long birdcage unit ).

Back in '82 during a field day at the armory I came across a chrome lined 14.5" 1:12 twist Commando barrel and was told to "shitcan" it. Instead I kept it and one day I'll do something with it. I thought about building a dedicated .22LR upper ( I have 2 Ciener kits ) but lately have been thinking about a Commando clone

Here's a pic:

Paul
    That would be hard to find handguards for, but perfect if you find them. The old smooth triangle guards take me back to my youth...
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Here's a pic:

Paul
    I'm not sure, but cutting down the 1:12 barrel might cause some stability issues. I'd call adco, I'm sure they'd know the answer to this question and do the best chop jobs in the business!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast