Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I have run into a snag that kinda has me worried. I got the barrel back from my gunsmith today. (had the Warcomp pin, and welded) Once I got it mounted, I noticed that the rail is slightly off. Somehow I missed that before. It's not quite as tall.

Now if I have to adjust the front sight up a notch or two, no biggie, but if the receiver isn't machined right... I'll be upset. I won't have anything strattling the receiver, and rail, but the thought of going through figuring out a non-running gun isn't pleasant. It's an Aero Precision receiver, and I did get the correct .210 upper tang MI rail for the DPMS .308 pattern. Anyone had issues like this with either Areo or MI?
    what you're showing is a known "characteristic" of Midwest Industries rails mounted to Aero M5 uppers. it's been like that for years. For exactly that reason, I don't use the MI 308 rails with my Aero M5 uppers. If you're not going to use an Aero rail, then I prefer to use either the SLR-Rifleworks DPMS-high/SR25 rails, and the UTG Leaper Pro (Made in USA) 15" MTU026SSKB (keymod) or MTU026SSMB (M-LOK) rails for perfect M5 rail-height match-up. The UTG MTU026SSKB/SSKM rails, I get them from ecop! on ebay for about $170-$180 free shipping.

UTG Pro:

SLR Solo:
    Last edited by rpoL98; 05-28-19 at 22:36.