G&R Tactical
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 243

Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone who has not been under a rock for the last several years knows about the commonality issues with AR10/large frame AR...…...I have found this to be true...…...Palmetto State Armory is DPMS pattern, and So is Aero, I used a Palmetto State barrel and BCG in an Aero Precision build and it runs like a top...………...

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    I am slowly and cautiously building an AR10 myself, the only components I have so far are an AP M5 lower and their LPK; already there have been a few "interesting" discoveries.

    1) The pivot pin detent and spring (mostly the spring) seem to be the same as what is found on a typical AR build but this makes them quite a bit too long to fit into the M5 lower. The pivot pin is installed through one of the "ears" on the receiver, not along the dust cover like on a M4 receiver. Carefully measuring as I went I ended up taking off probably around 5-6 coils to make the spring work.

    2) The magazine release button, spring and lever all appear to be standard as well; the problem being that the AR10 receiver is notably thicker. The button does not thread nearly as deep as on an M4; I am not sure if I was sent the wrong release, or if they are all like this.

    Thanks for starting a thread like this, I am sure it will be required reading for me.
    You can get an extended one from KAK industries, what I used on my Aero M5

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North West Indiana
    Posts
    1,261
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I'm getting into the .308 AR game. I started with a new, complete CMMG Mk.3 lower I picked up at a good price.
    Well, that was 3 years ago... I didn't like where it was going, and to be honest, it never really got very far off the ground. Ended up selling it.

    Starting over with an Aero Precision lower I got on a Veteran's Day sale. Actually got it yesterday, but I was busy on Veteran's day doing ceremonies with the VFW (I'm a post commander) so it was easy to talk the gun shop guy into giving me the discount a bit late. I sent an email to Ballistic Advantage with my DD214 last night. Hope I'll get approved for their military discount in time for the black Friday deals...
    You know what I like best about most people?

    Their dogs.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Well, that was 3 years ago... I didn't like where it was going, and to be honest, it never really got very far off the ground. Ended up selling it.

    Starting over with an Aero Precision lower I got on a Veteran's Day sale. Actually got it yesterday, but I was busy on Veteran's day doing ceremonies with the VFW (I'm a post commander) so it was easy to talk the gun shop guy into giving me the discount a bit late. I sent an email to Ballistic Advantage with my DD214 last night. Hope I'll get approved for their military discount in time for the black Friday deals...


    PSA Gen2 PA10 18" Midlength Stainless Steel .308 WIN 1:10 Upper With BCG and CH - 516445344. I don't know anything about Ballistic Advantage......other than they seem a little pricey to me......Ive bought two of these upper assemblies and can say they work fine and are more than a decent deal for the money...…..Im actually using the barrel and bcg on an Aero M5 I built...………...

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,489
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Ive got a barrel (22 BA) on the way and possibly a rail (15 Fortis Switch Keymod), and Ill be ordering a receiver set tomorrow (CMT), getting this build kicked off right.

    Is AR308 the same as LR308?


    My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,694
    Feedback Score
    89 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mmAR15 View Post
    PSA Gen2 PA10 18" Midlength Stainless Steel .308 WIN 1:10 Upper With BCG and CH - 516445344. I don't know anything about Ballistic sAdvantage......other than they seem a little pricey to me......Ive bought two of these upper assemblies and can say they work fine and are more than a decent deal for the money.....Im actually using the barrel and bcg on an Aero M5 I built......
    I have owned quite a few BA barrels including an 18 SS 308 barrel and Ive found them to everything except expensive. However, if your AR buying experience is confined to Palmetto State, then I would imagine just about everything is going to seem expensive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."

    - Sam Houston

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,694
    Feedback Score
    89 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Ive got a barrel (22 BA) on the way and possibly a rail (15 Fortis Switch Keymod), and Ill be ordering a receiver set tomorrow (CMT), getting this build kicked off right.

    Is AR308 the same as LR308?


    My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!
    I may be wrong, but from what Ive seen, AR308s are synonymous with AR-10s and so the difference then would be the same as the differences between the LR308 and the AR-10.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."

    - Sam Houston

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    No ...I have an Aero Precision M5 ……...there is an old saying that Americans know the price of everything.....but the value of nothing.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I have owned quite a few BA barrels including an 18” SS 308 barrel and I’ve found them to everything except expensive. However, if your AR buying experience is confined to Palmetto State, then I would imagine just about everything is going to seem expensive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the last thirty years Ive used just about everything out there, bushmaster, dpms, colt, Anderson, PWA, SGW/Oly, so many I have forgotten.....what barrels and parts I have used...…...Ive had so much goodness with barrels from the 100-150 dollar price range I cant see spending the money. In the countless AR's ive assembled over the last thirty years I can say the only barrel that was bad was from Faxon.....

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,489
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mmAR15 View Post
    No ...I have an Aero Precision M5 ...there is an old saying that Americans know the price of everything.....but the value of nothing.
    Theres another old saying that goes - You get what you pay for.


    My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •