G&R Tactical
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Feedback Score
    Anyone who has not been under a rock for the last several years knows about the commonality issues with AR10/large frame AR...…...I have found this to be true...…...Palmetto State Armory is DPMS pattern, and So is Aero, I used a Palmetto State barrel and BCG in an Aero Precision build and it runs like a top...………...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    I am slowly and cautiously building an AR10 myself, the only components I have so far are an AP M5 lower and their LPK; already there have been a few "interesting" discoveries.

1) The pivot pin detent and spring (mostly the spring) seem to be the same as what is found on a typical AR build but this makes them quite a bit too long to fit into the M5 lower. The pivot pin is installed through one of the "ears" on the receiver, not along the dust cover like on a M4 receiver. Carefully measuring as I went I ended up taking off probably around 5-6 coils to make the spring work.

2) The magazine release button, spring and lever all appear to be standard as well; the problem being that the AR10 receiver is notably thicker. The button does not thread nearly as deep as on an M4; I am not sure if I was sent the wrong release, or if they are all like this.

Thanks for starting a thread like this, I am sure it will be required reading for me.
    You can get an extended one from KAK industries, what I used on my Aero M5

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223