Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future HK US products

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Future HK US products

I was doing a little google search earlier today, trying to see if anyone knew if HK planned to release a 416 lower that accepted standard AR magazines, and I came across this article: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...er-lots-pics/#
    Most of you have probably seen this before, or had prior knowledge of these things coming to market, but a few things stuck out to me.

5. Yes to civilian G36. Availability 1-2 years from now, price target is $1700 range! He definitely said below $2k.

I know most are not a fan of this rifle. If it really comes in with a sub $2K price point, and they have worked out all of the kinks it could be an attractive rifle, and come in lower than similar competitors.

8. Subcompact P30 is coming, Wayne said hopefully within calendar year 2014.

I would love to see or hear some more information regarding this. As well as if the popularity of the VP9 means it would instead become a striker-fired subcompact.

I understand that this close to SHOT we probably won't know anything until then, but I found this write-up interesting even if it was from January. Hopefully we will see a new 416 lower, as well as complete factory 416 SBR's in the near future.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Subcompact P30 does not interest me- If I wanted that I would get a P2000. The G36 could be cool but then again is $1700 for the base model? There are supposed to be 2 main trims.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    Subcompact P30 does not interest me- If I wanted that I would get a P2000. The G36 could be cool but then again is $1700 for the base model? There are supposed to be 2 main trims.
    I was not aware of that.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    So I thought this was new info but it is not. This was earlier in the year, there have been updates on HKPro about this stuff and I think the G36 is actually not happening in the US if I remember right. I thought this was a more recent update where something changed but it is not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm hoping he really meant VP9SK.

-john

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    So I thought this was new info but it is not. This was earlier in the year, there have been updates on HKPro about this stuff and I think the G36 is actually not happening in the US if I remember right. I thought this was a more recent update where something changed but it is not.
    Yeah, sorry I tried to specify that in my original statement that this write-up was from last January.

Feedback Score
    So are we at an agreement that the g36 accuracy issues were ammo related?
    In the future, PMAGs will be the currency standard.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmSpringfield View Post
    So are we at an agreement that the g36 accuracy issues were ammo related?
    Ehhhh who cares, we aren't getting them anyway

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure this discussion has already been hashed out here before.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...an-G36)/page10

We will never see a true 100% HK G36 here on the US market for private purchase due to EXPORT regulations (German Government says no to exporting firearms designed for the military). Instead we will be likely to see the 293 which was built for the purpose of civilian sales. It is the closest HK will be able to bring something similar to the G36 to the US. Just like in the case of the 416 vs MR556.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Regarding a new compact size pistol I'd personally rather see it be hammer fired for n a similar size of the p2k, just with p30 ergos.

My guess is that if anything new is going to drop on the handgun from it will be following the conclusion of the current rebate deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast