Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balto County Md FNS-40 having issues

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    FN America issued a service bulletin which warns that FNS pistols may hang fire if the slide is pushed slightly out of battery and that the tap/rack/up drill should be avoided.

https://fnamerica.com/customer-suppo...vice-bulletin/
    Seems like another incarnation of the Glock out-of-battery firing issue. Push type trigger bar + striker + light recoil spring = the ability to drop the striker out of battery. At least the FNS doesn't fire like a Glock would at that point.

Feedback Score

Balto County Md FNS-40 having issues

Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Wow, that's kind of a big deal...don't perform a regular malfunction drill if the gun malfunctions.
    Yeah. Especially if the officer was (and probably still is) in such a confrontation that led to trying to fire while gun was out of battery (contact shot against a belligerent).

Taking a few seconds to think “oh wait, is this one of those situations that we were told not to do this???” and then trying to figure things out from there is clearly unacceptable. Made me shake my head and laugh when we were given that guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    -snip
    Last edited by Talon762; 10-07-21 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There are far better choices than anything FN in the polymer handgun market. Glock, M&P, CZ, SIG, even Beretta.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    SIG

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon762 View Post
    Yeah, that's saying alot, but I'd take a SP2022 over any FN poly gun.

Feedback Score

Balto County Md FNS-40 having issues

Quote Originally Posted by Talon762 View Post
    Or ya know they could be responsible and send their firearm in for the (free) striker replacement assuming one of their guns is among the effected and not have to worry at all
    This is one largest departments in the country. Any non department sanctioned maintenance (outside of field strip and cleaning) or tinkering on the guns is verboten. At any rate, the strikers were all replaced shortly thereafter on FN’s dime.

Last edited by danattyfatty; 12-14-18 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danattyfatty View Post
    This is one largest departments in the country. Any non department sanctioned maintenance (outside of field strip and cleaning) or tinkering on the guns is verboten. At any rate, the strikers were all replaced shortly thereafter on FN’s dime.

https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Ag...boutbcopd.html

The Baltimore County Police Department (BCoPD) is the nation's 18th largest police department. With more than 1,900 sworn officers,
    There are a lot of agencies out there with approximately 2,000 officers. 1k to 2k is a mid sized Dept.

Baltimore county has had A LOT of issues with the FNSL. They should have dumped them a long time ago.

Feedback Score
    I forwarded the service bulletin to two firearms instructors with whom I worked. I saw them the the FOP holiday party last night and learned that Rockville City will be following in the footsteps of Baltimore County and Arizona DPS by ditching FN for Glock.

Sometimes saying "I told you so" just isn't enough.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    At the height of our FNS issues, I did consider suggesting that we ask FN America to trade them for High Powers.

Perhaps that's why they forced me to retire.
    Now THAT'S funny! If also sad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12