Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering the Snub Nose Reload - Spares Carry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Don't bother with ammo pouches, strips, or speedloaders.

In a short range firefight, you won't be able to reload. Has anybody ever successfully done so?

Five or six bangs and a click, and then you're dead. On the way out you might have time to remember this thread, and wish you had a hi-cap semi auto at hand.
    So Inspector Callahan, how many gunfights have you ever been in?

Statistically speaking you never will be in one, so carry whatever you want...
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Watch videos of random strangers getting robbed or encountered by armed subjects. If the only motive is property, most suspects run at the first sight of a gun or the first shot. Even multiple suspects.

If the motive is the victim for a specific purpose, more personal reason, then the suspect stays to get the job done.

Just don't go around pissing off the wrong kind of people. I carry a snubby when off duty as it is more convienent than an auto sometimes. Have shot it in some local IDPA matches to work on my skills under pressure. Best idea of where I need improvement.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    So Inspector Callahan, how many gunfights have you ever been in?

Statistically speaking you never will be in one, so carry whatever you want...
    This is why northeastern lawmen in high risk situations carried the New York reloads. They were limited to 6 shot revolvers, and they knew they couldn't stay alive long enough to reload, so they carried 2 or 3 guns.

If I had to carry a j frame, I'd have at least 2 of them. Life is precious.

Feedback Score
    This is why northeastern lawmen in high risk situations carried the New York reloads. They were limited to 6 shot revolvers, and they knew they couldn't stay alive long enough to reload, so they carried 2 or 3 guns.

If I had to carry a j frame, I'd have at least 2 of them. Life is precious.

LOL....

Ok, maybe you shouldn’t go out n public, maybe you shouldn’t be carrying a gun at all.

Reality and the law of large numbers says otherwise, but hey you do you... and I’ll do me...
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Watch videos of random strangers getting robbed or encountered by armed subjects. If the only motive is property, most suspects run at the first sight of a gun or the first shot. Even multiple suspects.

If the motive is the victim for a specific purpose, more personal reason, then the suspect stays to get the job done.

Just don't go around pissing off the wrong kind of people. I carry a snubby when off duty as it is more convienent than an auto sometimes. Have shot it in some local IDPA matches to work on my skills under pressure. Best idea of where I need improvement.
    What about the third scenario; Luby's cafeteria. Mass shooter comes in and opens up. You're carrying one j frame. Here's what you sound like:

Bang bang bang bang bang click click click . . . Fumble with speed loader. . . Thud.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    What about the third scenario; Luby's cafeteria. Mass shooter comes in and opens up. You're carrying one j frame. Here's what you sound like:

Bang bang bang bang bang click click click . . . Fumble with speed loader. . . Thud.
    Honestly, I mean this with no disrespect, but your opinions on firearms and tactics should be taken with a large grain of salt. You come from a place of very little real world experience, and your post history demonstrates that very matter of factly, no matter what you may claim. For our new forum members, I highly suggest they think about what Univibe is posting, read his post history, and seek quality training from a professional. This is simply a PSA for new members who may be impressionable.

Back to the topic at hand, I carry a J Frame reload on a 6 shot speed strip attached to the very cool and sensible RASC. I know it is a slow reload, and one I admittedly do not practice enough, if at all, but a reload is a reload. Why someone would preach not carrying one simply blows my mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Honestly, I mean this with no disrespect, but your opinions on firearms and tactics should be taken with a large grain of salt. You come from a place of very little real world experience, and your post history demonstrates that very matter of factly, no matter what you may claim. For our new forum members, I highly suggest they think about what Univibe is posting, read his post history, and seek quality training from a professional. This is simply a PSA for new members who may be impressionable.

Back to the topic at hand, I carry a J Frame reload on a 6 shot speed strip attached to the very cool and sensible RASC. I know it is a slow reload, and one I admittedly do not practice enough, if at all, but a reload is a reload. Why someone would preach not carrying one simply blows my mind.
    Yes it's hilarious.

If you're going to use examples how about use ones where a gun, specifically that gun, was used. In Luby's no one had a gun so your point is baseless. I could just as easily argue that the first shot fired from the snob nose 38 hit him square between the eyes. And it would be equally correct

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yes it's hilarious.If you're going to use examples how about use ones where a gun, specifically that gun, was used. In Luby's no one had a gun so your point is baseless. I could just as easily argue that the first shot fired from the snob nose 38 hit him square between the eyes. And it would be equally correct
    This^^^. UV is making the assumption that the guy with the revolver can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    If you carry less gun / ammo than me you're a fool and will lose any lethal conflict.

If you carry more than me you must think you're John Rambo and you'll never need all that firepower.

And whether you carry 5 shots or 50 you're certain to miss anyone you shoot at. Even if you do get lucky and score a hit they wont stop because you dont carry the caliber and bullet I do so you still die.

(That's what I read all the time, anyway)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have tried Bettancourt's reload method and it just doesn't work for me. 1. I am used to switching hands. 2. Trying to use my support hand to align the speed loaders just isn't as fast. BUT I suspect if I had started with his method I might be able to make it work.

I will stay this, every other cylinder of ammo coming out of my J-frame comes out of a Safariland Speedloader. I ran 125 rounds through my 640 today and I just don't see why one would skip the chance to practice reloads. I have a good buddy who never practices reloads and I never understand why. Hell, for one thing they are fun!

Some of the more paranoid comments here remind me of this scene from Heat https://youtu.be/575xM6Uljw4
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast