I've been practicing. The round loaders are much faster, but I'm not going to carry those bulky things.

I have found that from empty gun, to pulling a loading strip out of my pocket, back to loaded gun on target typical takes 7-10 seconds if I don't mess up.

Seven seconds is only loading 4 cartridges and closing cylinder with empty chamber straight up. While this speeds up the total time a little of the time saved is lost during the cylinder indexing. This is also takes the eyes off our threat for a moment more.

This is what I can do with perfect circumstances. Trying to do this while moving, dropping a round, having a stubborn brass needing to be pulled out, etc can easily increase the time. Of course stress will add time, too.

I also found that reloading my pocket pistol, even with no last shot hold-open, takes half the time or less to reload than my LCR from strips. I'd rather have the weaker and higher capacity pocket pistol back in action than spend the extra 5-? seconds working to reload the revolver.

I'll carry a pocket pistol to back up the revolver. If I feel the need to carry reloads, I'll carry reloads for the pistol. (Or carry my Glock 19 )