Thread: Wet can

Feedback Score

Question Wet can

I bought a suppressor for use on my AR15 (.223) and am wondering what to use to make it a "wet can". Is it possible to paint the baffles with whatever is used to make it wet?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    .223 cans don't run wet. You can add a cap full of water to the can for the first shot, but that's only recommended to guys who may have to fire in explosive environments... Special forces stuff, meth lab raids, etc.

For regular users, there's no benefit to a wet can for 5.56. Adding water or gel is typically done to pistol caliber silencers.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks. I was wanting to stop that first round pop that I've heard so much about. I'm not sure if the pop will scare the deer or not.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't hear First round pop on my 5.56 silencer. All rounds sound the same to me. I think you may be able to hear the FRP on quieter platforms.. subsonic pistol rounds, and rimfire silencers, for example.

The silenced 5.56 is still a pretty loud gunshot. I'd guess that the supersonic crack will probably scare deer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v