Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Counterfeit HK?

Feedback Score

Counterfeit HK?

There is a dealer selling an MR556 on Gunbroker and claiming it is a secret contract overrun and inflating the price by a huge margin.

I highly doubt it. I suspect a faked up rifle trying to hit all of the terms to convince an unsophisticated buyer.

Feedback Score
    Is that the "SEAL deployment kit" mall ninja tacticool Roth IRA sapping thingy they are selling all over gunpoker?
    In the future, PMAGs will be the currency standard.

Feedback Score
    I think that is what the buyer is supposed to believe.

But as far as I know, no one in the govt would order that package. Seems designed to pray on people with some knowledge but not enough.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looked it up quick on gunbroker. My initial impression is that it is at best a scam right up there with the guns who walk gun shows with Mosins claiming that It was Vasily Zaytsev's rifle. Looking at the H&K, first thoughts would be if it is a gov contract it would be select fire, so while the upper might be overrun you wouldn't be able to touch the lower, which is what is marked US property. One. Two, unless you have documents proving that it is indeed overrun, how the hell does the buyer know that you just didn't pop out an engraver and refinish the rifle?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    I think that is what the buyer is supposed to believe.

But as far as I know, no one in the govt would order that package. Seems designed to pray on people with some knowledge but not enough.
    I think it's a bunch of retail guns for much more money than they are worth.
    In the future, PMAGs will be the currency standard.

Feedback Score
    Lugers have been faked up forever. But one can do it to new guns also.

Someone I know was once upset at me for turning an HK94 into an MP5 replica. I assured him that was a normal thing to do in the transferable NFA world. What would be bad is if you made up a fake history.

Feedback Score
    Anyone here think that rifle's history is just as it is described?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    Lugers have been faked up forever. But one can do it to new guns also.

Someone I know was once upset at me for turning an HK94 into an MP5 replica. I assured him that was a normal thing to do in the transferable NFA world. What would be bad is if you made up a fake history.
    Yes, but a replica marketed as a replica is just that, a replica. Nothing that is being hidden underhand, just a gun that is made up to be like something else. When you start saying that there is provenance when there isn't you get into the realm of fakes, frauds, and legal issues if someone buys it believing that it is something more than it really is because of the way you represent it. More time and hassle in the long run than it is worth really, for me at least. Then again If I had something like that I would likely be keeping it.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Some of the claims are laughable, such as getting 18k out of a barrel with no loss of accuracy, when it's a 1MOA barrel. It has some nice parts on it but the price is silly.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    The (hilarious) "United States Property" engravings are Bubba's dream come true!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast