Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: LAV Glock 17/19 RTF2 courtesy of Lipsey's

Feedback Score
    I wasn't expecting to like the sights but I really enjoy them. I originally bought the pistol it for the RTF2 frame and figured I would give a sights a chance for the price. I have no complaints I am sure the ejector will fix it, I did it to my gen3 17 about 2 years ago and it never had an issue after. That said the ejector should be here in a couple days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    I wasn't expecting to like the sights but I really enjoy them. I originally bought the pistol it for the RTF2 frame and figured I would give a sights a chance for the price. I have no complaints I am sure the ejector will fix it, I did it to my gen3 17 about 2 years ago and it never had an issue after. That said the ejector should be here in a couple days.
    If you don't mind me asking, which one and where did you order it from? I would like to try it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    The DOT connector is a trigger components used as Glocks fix for early complaints on the Gen 4 triggers. They were significantly heavier than 5.5 lbs as advertised due to a change in geometry from the new modular frames along with a new safety feature on the trigger bar. The DOT, named so for the ( . ) marking on the connector. They are "for Gen 4" only guns technically, but many feel they are more crisp and less spongey than a 3.5 lb/minus (-) connector when installed in a Gen 3 Glock.

My LAV G17 has a very spongey, sloppy trigger compared to my other Gen 3 or my LAV 17. I'm not such a big fan of the minus connectors I have, so I was considering a dot, and am curious of LAV's thoughts on one of these pistols. I had to install some DOTs on my early early Gen 4 guns and the improvement was obvious, but I haven't put one in a Gen 3.

Tyler

Thanks for the in-depth explanation on the connector. Coming from the HK USP LEM trigger ( and before that the 1911), the Glock trigger isn't all that great, although it isn't bad either. I may look into the (-) connector for mine to see if I can improve it a little. I'm sure with another 1000rds down the pipe and I'll settle in, but I may do some upgrades in the meantime.

Much appreciated....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    Tyler

Thanks for the in-depth explanation on the connector. Coming from the HK USP LEM trigger ( and before that the 1911), the Glock trigger isn't all that great, although it isn't bad either. I may look into the (-) connector for mine to see if I can improve it a little. I'm sure with another 1000rds down the pipe and I'll settle in, but I may do some upgrades in the meantime.

Much appreciated....
    No problem, hopefully it smoothed out for you. Like most, they get better with rounds.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Picked up my LAV G19 last night, gave it a cleaning and installed the slide stop, mag release. base pads, a grip plug and a Grip Force Adapter. Trip to the range is planned for Friday morning. Looking forward to running a couple hundred rnds thru it. I am interested in the connector portion of the discussion. Is anyone changing them out? This is really my first step into Glock's, so we're learning as we go.
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    deleted - took this to a more appropriate forum
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 01-02-15 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    Took my Vickers G19 for it's first test drive today after owning it for a month (I have a 8 month-old NIB human being, 2014 F-model that keeps me pretty busy).
    Holy cow. I carry a P226 (40 Cal) for duty use. I shot circles around that. I think the Wilson sights are the huge difference- I seem to find, and line up, my sight picture a lot faster with this gun from the holster. After 50 rounds, I put on a GripForce adapter, only because I am the king of slide bite when it comes to Glocks. It seems to set my hands up in the right place a lot faster then when I didn't have it on.
    The discount card is a nice touch- I need to contact Alias and see if the discount applies to combined Carbine / Pistol classes- LAV is hosting one in my AO this summer.
    If you have a chance to get one of these guns, do it. I got several comments from other people at the range asking where they can buy a "brown glock", and one random guy even came over to compliment my groups with it. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I have a magic G19...

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger325 View Post
    Picked up my LAV G19 last night, gave it a cleaning and installed the slide stop, mag release. base pads, a grip plug and a Grip Force Adapter. Trip to the range is planned for Friday morning. Looking forward to running a couple hundred rnds thru it. I am interested in the connector portion of the discussion. Is anyone changing them out? This is really my first step into Glock's, so we're learning as we go.
    The one I would say is stick with a Glock connector. I tried two ghost connectors and had problems with them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just bought one locally and really like the RTF2. I prefer Hackathorn sights but will give the Vickers/Wilson Combat a try. This will be will become my daily carry. I use an X Concealment OWB (my favorite) but just picked up a new Sawyer Concealment for a G19 w/ APL to try a carry gun with light.

Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    I was all set to order one of these until I found a great deal on an FDE Gen4 (my preference) G17. I'd still like to pick one up to have, but having standardized on Gen4's this made more sense for me.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast