Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: fde glock slide finish wear

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    EDITED: Not going to argue with a Child... it's pointless.

I'll stand down now ;-)
    Lol. You know you're wrong but can't admit it...

BACK TO THE OP....get some pics up man!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Lol. You know you're wrong but can't admit it...

BACK TO THE OP....get some pics up man!
    I'm wrong about?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yes, I am aware that the OP has a Cerakote Issue. Fully Aware.

Can you not comprehend that Glock putting out all different kinds of Finishes, that are Sub-Standard, all have something in common? Wanna know what it is? Unacceptable.
    Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend that Glock did NOT prep or apply the cerakote. They sent Lipsey's their regular FDE framed Glocks w/ black slides.

Also- I'm not a Glock apologist. I think their "new" (old) matte finish sucks but again....NOTHING to do with the OP.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend that Glock did NOT prep and apply the cerakote. They sent Lipsey's their regular FDE framed Glocks w/ Black slides.

Also- I'm not a Glock apologist. I think their "new" (old) matte finish sucks but again....NOTHING to do with the OP.
    It's got their Name on it, does it not?

Here's an example: The Ford Raptor Truck... it has FOX Aftermarket Shocks on it... if they Fail at say 11,000 Miles.... Is Ford on the Hook, with the Consumer to replace it under Warranty? Ford is trusting in said aftermarket company, to deliver a certain Part/s that they've deemed good enough to put on their truck. You can't see a parallel there?

Glock is putting out their own crap finishes, and allowing third party vendors to also put out crap finishes... and at the end of the day, it's still a New Glock Pistol with a Crap Finish that the consumer is not happy with.
    Last edited by HD1911; 11-07-14 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    I wish my FDE (not full ceracote) G19 showed some finish wear from the last 7 months of nearly daily carry. The old blued guns back in the day showed their work.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I wish my FDE (not full ceracote) G19 showed some finish wear from the last 7 months of nearly daily carry. The old blued guns back in the day showed their work.

My FDE framed Gen4 G19 has the black slide finish that couldn't be taken off with a Jackhammer.... I wish the newer ones were that durable lol!

Feedback Score
    guys I will try to upload pics might take a bit for me to figure it out. I plan on contacting glock on Monday to hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's got their Name on it, does it not?

Here's an example: The Ford Raptor Truck... it has FOX Aftermarket Shocks on it... if they Fail at say 11,000 Miles.... Is Ford on the Hook, with the Consumer to replace it under Warranty? Ford is trusting in said aftermarket company, to deliver a certain Part/s that they've deemed good enough to put on their truck. You can't see a parallel there?

Glock is putting out their own crap finishes, and allowing third party vendors to also put out crap finishes... and at the end of the day, it's still a New Glock Pistol with a Crap Finish that the consumer is not happy with.
    Sigh. You're twisting everything around and your analogy is weak. If I had nothing better to do I'd rattle off a handful of analogies too.

Bottom line- The OP is having an issue with a finish that is ENTIRELY different than yours. Cool they are both Glocks...yeha, great...that has nothing to do with the OPs issue. The finish on YOUR Glock is different than the finish on HIS.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It's coming off because it can't stand being next to that xs dot sight.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Looks like a premature contact point wear. Prolly would've happened sooner or later, but one day is too soon.

Dunno who's gonna own it, Lipsey's or Glock. Assuming that it is Lipsey's who is making a profit on a special sauce of a finish, it's gotta be them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast