http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...T+5R+223+24%22

I am in no way related to Bud's Gunshop. I just wanted to pass on what I thought is a phenomenal deal. I needed a low recoiling hunting rifle for my 14 year old daughter (small Texas White Tails and coyotes mostly) and I stumbled on this. It seems to be a special run that Remington did for a distributor. It looks like they were initially selling for around $1,100. Well, they must not have sold very well because the huge retailers like Buds and Grabagun are selling them for under $700. I couldn't pass it up for $689.

I'm not a fan of Remington's entry level rifles these days....I think the quality has slipped some and they can be hit or miss. But this isn't an entry level rifle. The barrel is their 5R, 24" Sendaro (heavy) contour. It's Cerakoted....as a matter of fact the entire barreled action is Cerakoted. And instead of their crappy entry Tupperware stock this is a decent (if not stellar) B&C M40 model with the full aluminum bedding block. The bolt action is just their basic push feed but it's really smooth. A lot better than the AAC-SD I bought a couple of years ago. The fit and finish of this rifle is really excellent all the way around. Even the X-Mark Pro trigger is OK. It's kind of heavy but it breaks clean. Heavy is OK for my 14 year old's hunting rifle. I took it out yesterday and it shot lights out...much more accurate than me (or my daughter I'm sure).

Anyway....if there is anyone else out there like me looking for something ready to go out of the box, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Be safe!

Heavyweight