Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 9mm 1911's coming in 2015

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjxds View Post
    Looks interesting, and its almost as good looking as a "Real 1911" 45 cal that is. Seriously, I have thought about the 9mm 1911, and probably end up with one some day, but for some reason I still think a 1911 should be 45.

It seems that a 9mm 1911 would have all the same, lets say non positive issues many associate with the 1911 platform, heavy, limited capacity, and the ever finicky/ not reliable comments. Do most of you see this as an alternate caliber in the 1911 for CCW or just another range gun?

Either way, I still think the 1911 is a thing of beauty, and one of the finest pistols ever made, there is just something about one that I will always love.
    Meh...

It depends on what your standard of reliability is. Not to beat a dead horse or unreasonably trumpet the merits of a plastic pistol but plastic is pretty darned durable and can take a hell of alot of abuse and neglect. I like simplicity so i carry plastic service weapons.

I no longer own my 9mm 1911 but what i can say say is that it was THE most fun gun i have ever owned, period, end of story. It was a genuine joy to shoot and play around with but never in a billion years would i want to carry a 5 inch steel gun. The gun was absolutely 100% reliable in every way, shape and form BUT the magazines needed to be babied. Often times, when removing a magazine from a pouch, i would have to manually push the first round back in order to properly seat it in the magazine so that it would load properly into the gun.

This was just something that bothered me because even running stages with five reloads and all of those magazines coming out of pouches and going into the gun i NEVER had a mag related malfunction.

So, the point is, i didnt "feel" comfortable with the gun or platform as a self defense weapon. Could it be made to work? Absolutely but that will be up to the individual based upon how anal they want to be with their chosen carry gear.

As an aside, i ran the gun with Dawson Metal form 10 rounders, wilson 10 rounders and the tripp cobra 9mm magazines. All of these mags had a quirk somewhere in some way shape or form.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911fan View Post
    Look's like there's gonna be Commander Rail Gun's as well, both steel and lightweight.
    Where are you seeing that?

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Where are you seeing that?
    http://www.gunnuts.net/2014/11/07/ph...nder-rail-gun/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Doesn't say whether any of them will be in 9, but looks promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Cool

I could go for a Commander LW Rail Gun.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    I could go for a Commander LW Rail Gun.
    Me too! That would be a very sweet and fun rig.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    If the Springfield RO had normal sights, I would have one.
    The rear sight can be swapped for a Harrison rear.

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-0...ice-rear-sight

I replaced the one on my .45 RO and eventually will change it on my 9mm RO.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    CRG in 9mm would interest me; otherwise I'll stick with my RO 9mm.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    The rear sight can be swapped for a Harrison rear.

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-0...ice-rear-sight
    Yes, but that's a bit of a pain in the ass and you're still very limited on sight options. I'm sure the RO trigger will be better though.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yes, but that's a bit of a pain in the ass and you're still very limited on sight options. I'm sure the RO trigger will be better though.

Get the gunsmith version and have a professional get you the sight picture you want.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast