Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 300BLK in an SBR - practicality

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

300BLK in an SBR - practicality

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    Is it worth it to go with 300 BLK if you don't intend to suppress it? I don't know if I want to get a can, but would like a handy SBR, just for fun. Maybe I should stick with 5.56, but may want to try the lighter loads in 300 BLK to avoid some noise, and muzzle blast for HD. Thoughts?
    Yes, 300 BLK in an SBR with a good supersonic round like the Barnes 110 gr black tip makes an ideal PDW, IMO.

-john
    Last edited by bzdog; 01-11-15 at 23:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Yes, 300 BLK in an SBR with a good supersonic round like the 110 gr black tip makes an ideal PDW, IMO.
    -john
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Something along the lines of an updated M1 Carbine. Then, down the road I can suppress it if I want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I originally bought a 300 Blk with an intended purpose of shooting subsonic 308 bullets from the lighter AR-15 platform...which it does well.

Since getting it, it have been pleasantly surprised shooting 110-130 ttsx Barnes bullets.
    Also, since I reload I can make plinking ammo much cheaper utilizing cheaper FMJ bullets and pulled down bulk powders.

Feedback Score
    I've been looking at this lately. I think 300 is ideal for around 9" barrels and for reloaded due to availability of cheap components.

6.8 makes more sense for 12" barrel range iirc, if your not looking to go subsonic.

Feedback Score
    Suppressed or not, I think a short 300 BLK with a 8-10" barrel and good ammo is the ideal HD/PDW/CQB weapon. You get awesome ballistics out of a short barrel while using the same familiar AR platform/mags, all while shooting a .30 cal bullet that has great terminal performance on soft targets. Not to mention how fun it is to shoot subsonic loads suppressed :-)

Feedback Score
    Practical? What has that got to do with anything?

Women buy jewery and men buy guns and fishing tackle

a suppressed short barreled 300blk is fun!!!

bet most of you will never be in a firefight with yours. you could hunt with it but there are much better guns for that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Suppressed or not, I think a short 300 BLK with a 8-10" barrel and good ammo is the ideal HD/PDW/CQB weapon. You get awesome ballistics out of a short barrel while using the same familiar AR platform/mags, all while shooting a .30 cal bullet that has great terminal performance on soft targets. Not to mention how fun it is to shoot subsonic loads suppressed :-)
    I'm coming to the same conclusion with all the positive I've read on the .300. I do have one lower left...
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    Is it worth it to go with 300 BLK if you don't intend to suppress it? I don't know if I want to get a can, but would like a handy SBR, just for fun. Maybe I should stick with 5.56, but may want to try the lighter loads in 300 BLK to avoid some noise, and muzzle blast for HD. Thoughts?
    Why have an SBR but NOT a suppressor? Suppressors are far more useful (no letter needed) and an SBR in 300 BLK, WITH a suppressor, is an awesome combo. You get roughly the same over all length as a non-NFA rifle, but with it suppressed. And in the case of SBR 300 vs 16" 556 you get a suppressed rifle with nearly equal or better ballistic performance for the same size package as an unsurpassed carbine. Whats not to like?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627