Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy for $7, or pmag for $9

Feedback Score

Troy for $7, or pmag for $9

A couple of places like PSA and Trop have Troy magazines for around $7.

The lowest price I can find on pamgs are around $8 - $9.

At $7 each is there a reason not to stockpile Troy magazines?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have three of them that have been completely rock-solid, so I would say no. They are GTG.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When it comes to Maggery... I like to stay on the beaten path.

If you want to pick up a few oddball mags here or there, by all means... My stash is a solid lot of USGI 30s, and some Pmags.
    Last edited by markm; 11-14-14 at 12:34.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    When it comes to Maggery... I like to stay on the beaten path.
    I received them in a 3-pack as a gift. I only buy USGI and Pmags.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I only buy USGI and Pmags.
    Same here. I buy some of the ETS See through mags, you know? I'm not against trying different stuff. But bulk stashers? I'm with you. USGI or pmag.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've been using the Troy mags since shortly after they came out, and have had no problems. BUT... the Troy mags are flexible, making me question long term durability, and not that common, affecting resale if you want to profiteer or upgrade in the next panic. I use my oddball mags in competition to see if they work, but I keep a stash of Pmags for rainy days. At $9 each I'd get Pmags.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Same here. I buy some of the ETS See through mags, you know? I'm not against trying different stuff. But bulk stashers? I'm with you. USGI or pmag.
    Same here x2.

While mags are most definitely disposable items, they are as critical to the gun running well as a quality bolt and barrel.

I have no idea why people will spend $2000 outfitting a rifle with quality components and then pick up the cheapest no-name brand magazines they can find. Sort of like guys who buy $15,000 sportbikes and then buy a $50 Bilt helmet from Cycle Gear.

Are there reliable magazines out there other than PMAGs and USGI? Probably, but I'll let the tacticool guys be the guinea pigs.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-14-14 at 13:03.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    In all honesty I don't even like to use USGIs. I'm a fan of polymer because I treat my mags like dirt in my practice (dry fire especially) and aluminum magazines have a habit of bending, whereas polymer doesn't.

My main concern is if the floorplate will stay in place through all the beating. I'm not a huge fan of retention most of the time.

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    you can get D&H aluminum mags with magpul follower for $7 from PSA.

Feedback Score
    I bought some Troy mags back in the panic ~ 18 months ago when they were relatively a good price ($15/ea). Bought five of them and really like them. I ran one of them during a three day carbine class and it performed 100%, so can’t complain. Would buy again…

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast