Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silencer Permit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Silencer Permit

I'm considering buying one of the Surefire silencers later this year. Is the permit process any different from the SBR? Does it take the same ammount of time to get approved?

I had to wait eight months for the SBR to come back.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    god i hope NOT! my last suppresor transfered in 21 days
    me mother died when i was young before i got me toung to the sweep i was aprenticed. weep weep, weep weep your chimneys now i sweep. and in soot i sleep

Thermo Arms inc FFL 07 SOT & hydro-graphic printed camos on moly and other types of coatings hydroprintservices.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    I'm considering buying one of the Surefire silencers later this year. Is the permit process any different from the SBR? Does it take the same ammount of time to get approved?

I had to wait eight months for the SBR to come back.

The last 6 suppressors I transferred on Form 4s to individuals took no longer than 7-8 weeks.

If you dont dont mind me asking, why did you decide on the Surefire Suppressor?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's the same tax stamp process, not really a "permit", but you use a Form 4 instead of a Form 1. All the same detail required, all the same signatures needed.

I have found F4's to take about as long as F1's...

My last F4 took about 2.5-3 months. An M16A1.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey there VA Dinger,

I live in Virginia Beach and my local Class 3 dealer is the Armory, they are super helpful when it comes to NFA paperwork.

Instead of a Form 1 for the SBR you will do a Form 4... You do the prints, pics, and LEO signoff (LT. Fox) and bring it back to the Armory. They will walk you through the process, they did it for two of my cans.

They are extremely helpful when it comes to C3. Marie is the one that will hook you up... She has that "motherly" vibe to her, she is a real nice lady.

The Surefire can $$$$... I have asked Bill about the Yankee Hill QD can for .223, I am very interested cause of the price (1/2 the cost of the Surefire) and the QD feature. Bill is also a super nice guy!

Check them out... They will help you with your C3 needs...

Oh yeah... My last can took 56 days...
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Feedback Score
    +1 on the YHM can...best bang for the buck IMO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    If you dont dont mind me asking, why did you decide on the Surefire Suppressor?
    No real reason other than a small amount of personal experience. A few of us got to watch a DSS employee and some members of the 10-8 crew test them out. We also got to shoot them. I was more than impressed.

Very quite, accurate, very QD, and well constructed. I have no idea what they cost though. This is a fall/winter 2006 project.

Other than this experience, I don't know crap about silencers.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    No real reason other than a small amount of personal experience. A few of us got to watch a DSS employee and some members of the 10-8 crew test them out. We also got to shoot them. I was more than impressed.

Very quite, accurate, very QD, and well constructed. I have no idea what they cost though. This is a fall/winter 2006 project.

Other than this experience, I don't know crap about silencers.

They are excellent suppressors, as are all Surefire products. Are you going for the M4 or the K model? I'd recommend the K.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It looks like I might have to rethink my Surefire decision. I just noticed that Surefire does not recommend any of their models for less than 11.5" barrels. I wanted mine for use on my 10.5", 14.5", and 16" guns. I was planning on buying one suppressor and three mounts.

I'm now back to the drawing board.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    It looks like I might have to rethink my Surefire decision. I just noticed that Surefire does not recommend any of their models for less than 11.5" barrels. I wanted mine for use on my 10.5", 14.5", and 16" guns. I was planning on buying one suppressor and three mounts.

I'm now back to the drawing board.

I wouldn't hesitate to put the K model on a 10.5".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast