Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silencer Permit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    I wouldn't hesitate to put the K model on a 10.5".
    Any problems? How many rounds through it in testing?

I based what I said on this:

M4FA556-BK:
    5.56 mm Fast-Attach™ High Endurance Sound Suppressor

Designed for 5.56X45 mm assault rifles with barrels at least 11.5" long
    Compensator/adapters for the M16/M4 carbine and other weapons
    No weapon modifications — simply remove the factory compensator and install the SureFire compensator/adapter

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/.../517/sesent/00
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Steve, thanks for the heads up on the "K" model. It looks like Surefire really needs to update their website. The full model number is FA556K. A little research over on 10-8 helped also.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    The 11.5" length is basically a CYA for the maker regarding warranty claims. There is only 1 brand of suppressor that I wount not recommend putting on a barrel shorter than 11.5".

That said, I'd be hesitant to shoot any long bullets(75-77gr) from a 10.5" w/suppressor that I had to pay for. Just another reason, I dont see any benefit to a 10.5" when you can get an 11.5"

I've probably only put about 1K rounds through the suppressor, I dont have a single complaint or thing I would change.

If you're setting aside over $1K for a suppressor I suggest doing a bunch of homework to make sure you are getting what you want.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore

If you're setting aside over $1K for a suppressor I suggest doing a bunch of homework to make sure you are getting what you want.
    This one of the main reasons why I am not purchasing the can. Sales tax and Tax Stamp will add over 250+ dollars!!!

I pretty sure on the YHM, but looking at SWR and AAC...
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Feedback Score
    good luck dealing with Surefire- we were at Shot Show talking to a Surefire rep about their cans.. 3 of us with cash money in hand S.O.T. stamp, FFL-- the rep. would not tell us how much they cost, would not take an order, anything.
    so good luck.
    the YHM is kind of loud
    Gemtech is a good
    Your going to regret that the rest of your life......both seconds of it.

Feedback Score
    Fortunately, it's much faster than a SBR Form 1 (at the moment).

Steps:

1. Buy the suppressor (if you buy from an out-of-state dealer, have it transferred to your Class-3 dealer on a Form 3...the dealers handle that, similar to a firearms transfer)

2. Once your Class 3 dealer has it in their possession, They'll provide you with a Form 4.

3. Assuming you're filing as an individual, get the CLEO's signature, passport photos (2 ea), Fingerprint Cards (2 ea) and Citizenship forms together, along with a $200 tax check, and give it all to your dealer...they'll finalize and mail the form in. If you're filing under a Corporation, or Trust, the paperwork is streamlined.

Either way,
    The check should cash within 2 weeks and the paperwork should clear about 3-4 weeks after that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Try going the Trust route. I read the Trust thread on *sigh* AR15.com and started one. As soon as Doug ships my Matrix 9 to my local C3, I'll fill out the next set of forms and hopefully it will be the now typical 30 days!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    Try going the Trust route. I read the Trust thread on *sigh* AR15.com and started one. As soon as Doug ships my Matrix 9 to my local C3, I'll fill out the next set of forms and hopefully it will be the now typical 30 days!
    I'm considering a revocable living trust for my NFA goodies, can you go into a little detail on how this works ??? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Basically you use Quicken Willmaker 2006 and and select "living will" and then just fill in the blanks. It will ask you your full name, city, state, who you want to list as the trustee, the beneficiaries, etc.

It will then put together a 6 page document that you can print out and get notarized. There is also a shorter form you can send in with your Form4 or whatever.

Basically a Revocable Living Trust is like a company- IT is the owner of the NFA item and you as the trustee are the human being responsible for it (I guess that's how you'd put it.) The RLT has no hands to fingerprint, no face to photograph and no background to run a check on. So, that cuts the paperwork time down to 30 or so days.

There is a 14+ page thread on the other site. I'd like to get over and search for it, but I'm banned and can't search...

We need to post that info here...

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast