Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drop-Thigh Rig

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Am interested, that said, owning a 6378 for a 17 with a light I can pretty easily holster it without a light attached and lock in. Having run it, and other ALS holsters designed for weapon mounted lights, in competitions I can say that it was never much of an issue. That said, I am looking at the newer model since it offers me a much easier means to run a X300U and that appeals greatly to me, as does the relatively low cost of the holster. As long as it mounts the same I am going to be a very happy user.
    oh yeah, I forgot it's way cheaper too. it's like they're trying to put themselves out of business. I appreciate that though, they're doing what's right in design and functionality for the end user. I have no reason to look for any other tactical equipment. my drop leg panels all still work. the new attachment options are all safariland t bracket compatible. I feel like safariland has the industry on lock.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    the 7ts holsters are so slick, the draw is very low on friction. the belt stability thing doesn't even matter that much anymore. they fixed so many issues with this new holster. no more suede, so no grippy draw that requires the right draw angle and a stiff belt. no need to have a separate light bearing holster from lightless holster. no need to have separate light bearing holster for different lights, they all fit into the generic light bearing holster.
    Tell me more about this whole "everything fits in one holster"?
    I was trying to find a standard 7TS ALS (like a 7390/7395 http://www.safariland.com/retention/...ter-34844.html) that fits a G17 + X300U that I could try bolting to my leg shroud, but it seems the only ones I could find were some weird "concealment cut" version (https://dsgarms.com/saf7378-832-411), not the standard ALS type. It doesn't seem to come in tan either...
    What am I missing?
    I guess if the 3-hole spacing is correct it shouldn't really matter, right?
    Or are you using a different model?
    Last edited by Jellybean; 12-28-14 at 18:46.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Tell me more about this whole "everything fits in one holster"?
    I was trying to find a standard 7TS ALS (like a 7390/7395 http://www.safariland.com/retention/...ter-34844.html) that fits a G17 + X300U that I could try bolting to my leg shroud, but it seems the only ones I could find were some weird "concealment cut" version (https://dsgarms.com/saf7378-832-411), not the standard ALS type. It doesn't seem to come in tan either...
    What am I missing?
    I guess if the 3-hole spacing is correct it shouldn't really matter, right?
    Or are you using a different model?
    http://www.holsterops.com/cutdown-7ts-paddle-light
    this is what you want right here. holsterops actually offers a semi custom version that has the rear sight area cut down. I actually like this modification.

i highly recommend anyone that is going to buy one of these holsters get the light bearing version linked above. this version is sized for a g17/22 with a generic light bearing cavity that fits a large variety of lights. ADDITIONALLY it will fit and retain a g17/22/19/23/26/27 WITHOUT the light attached. as in the als locking mechanism will engage and the pistol draws and reholsters with full als functionality. essentially there is no reason to buy a non light bearing holster!

ADDITIONALLY!!! this holster will fit, or hold without retention, the above listed guns with slide locked back (with or without light). obviously the als mechanism cannot engage on a gun with the slide locked back, because the mechanism engages the ejection port. however, this is still a very useful feature for those days when you're at the range and you don't have 3 hands or at a competition of some sort that has rules about guns being unloaded after each stage and carried with the slide back or with a chamber flag.

if you want to purchase one of these i say purchase from holsterops, their customer service is great. holsterops sales staff is knowledgeable about each model that is available and those that are not available. you can call in and order just the holster body if you want or order a package that includes other mounting options not available in a holsterops package. if you already have all the safariland mounting options you want, there's no need to order extra belt loops or drop leg panels that you do not need.

as you can see i have this holster in both tan and black.

the tan holster has a surefire x300 inside it. the black holster has no light inside it.

IMG950209.jpg
    received_10104008483723306.jpg
    IMG_20141228_180440_768.jpg
    received_10104023593797596.jpg
    Last edited by trinydex; 12-28-14 at 20:16.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123