Thread: Noveske 8.2/8.5 300 blackout owners input please.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Noveske 8.2/8.5 300 blackout owners input please.

Here's my situation I sold off alot of my unused neglected safe queens and guns I've picked up over the years and decided to take the NFA plunge. I have a form 1 Sbr I built up on a Noveske Gen 1 Chainsaw Lower in 5.56 with their 10.5 barrel and decided to take advantage of the Damn the Man promo AAC was running and have a 762-SDN-6 sitting and waiting for the form 4 to clear. Because my local ranges are mostly around 100 or 200 yards and don't really shoot out farther than that. I reload so ammo price isn't really an issue and I've been reading all the 300 Blackout threads on here and think my little Noveske build needs a 300 blackout upper. I enjoy building the last one so I figure why not build another. This is where I come up with my question, do I build another 10.5 or go with the shorter 8.5. I know I either want to use a Vltor VIS keymod upper or another NSR rail on a MUR upper. So if you guys could tell me your thought on your rifle, the way it handles, and if your happy with it or would rather have it longer. I like the idea of a hard hitting pdw weapon and already have a set of the new Magpul Pro sights and a Surefire x300 ultra for it to make up for the shorter real estate and am pretty much set on using whatever Aimpoint Micro I can get a good deal on it. Any observations, personal experience, or other miscellaneous input would be appreciated, thanks.

As she sits now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    20140713_103947_zpsqc4tw7kv.jpgDSCF5854.jpg

I enjoy having the "rail estate" of the 10" myself. YMMV.. I sold off my Noveske 8.2" NSR to build a 10" MRP in .300.

2nd pic is the current 10", and the bottom rifle in the 1st pic is the 8.2".
    Last edited by Funtogun; 11-23-14 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    I have a 8.2 inch Noveske 300 BLK and I absolutely love it.

I run the 762-SDN-6 suppressor on it as well.

One of the significant benefits of 300BLK is the ability to run the ultra-short barrels that you can't get away with in 5.56.