Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92G or SIG P226?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Beretta 92G or SIG P226?

Saw a red label P226 yesterday. All redone, and West Germany on slide. Very nice SA and DA trigger. Made in early 90s.

Saw a brand new 92G with regular 92 slide so sight options. EXCEPTIONAL trigger and the slide feels like it rides on ball bearings made in space.

There is something about a very nice hammer fired trigger - having done some work on a Glock and some M&Ps.

Of course for $150 less, there is the P07 - very capable trigger, and smaller/lighter package.

Thoughts? Thanks.
    Last edited by m4brian; 11-16-14 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    P226 or P229? Your title says one but your text another. I prefer a W. German Sig P226 over just about any Beretta with the possible exception of the 92G-SD for duty. On the other hand, I'd much rather have a 92G-SD over a P229 as a duty pistol. The W. German P228 is my favorite compact Sig 9mm and balances much better than the P229.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The older Sigs are nice, and I am a fan of the 92, and the CZ has quite a following. I think it comes down to what you like the most since in this situation it does come down to what YOU want the most. Of course, if you have the cash buying all three would receive no argument.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I bought my first beretta 92 in late 1985, it was like fine Italian jewelry, same ball bearing slide, same silky trigger, and damn was it
    gorgeous, I was in love. At the time I thought it shot just as fine as it looked and felt.
    Several months later in early 86 I bought the P226, it was ugly, it was flat black instead of the glossy beretta, and it didn't have
    the ball bearing slide or the silky trigger but when the shooting started it was on another planet from the 92 in terms of operator
    effectiveness. So I guess it's down to what you want, eye candy or one of the most highly regarded fighting pistols ever made.

The consensus on the CZ is, fantastic pistol once you get it back from CGW or CZCS with about 400 bucks thrown at it, out of the box
    the trigger is a mess, food for thought.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. While the DA and SA pulls on the beretta and sig were excellent, under the grit the p07 had a decent SA that would clean up and the DA is short. I Don't see the need for great expense. Also the CZ has a very attractive weight.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I'd go with the 92G.

I have quite a bit of time with a P226 and an M9/92fs/92G and the 92G is just a quicker handling pistol in my hands.

Feedback Score
    The fact it's a "G" makes it tough...(I can't stand the standard Beretta safety/decocker). I've carried both overseas (P226/M9), of those I prefer the Sig and it is my main carry gun. The 92 is a little bigger and heavier stock, but does have a better trigger and shorter reset. I had my P226 worked over with a duty action job and short trigger reset mod so it is way better than a stock Beretta now. You can't go wrong with either, just personal preference.
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I do think the 92G trigger felt exceptional for an OTB gun. Are they rare? Cannot find them on-line. What is a good price?

Feedback Score
    I have them both and it would be hard to decide between them. I will say you can buy the “d-spring” for the Beretta that lowers the DA pull from like 12 to 9 or something like that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I do think the 92G trigger felt exceptional for an OTB gun. Are they rare? Cannot find them on-line. What is a good price?
    They were recently re-introduced by Beretta. They are readily available. Lipsey's has them as does Bud's Guns and probably a few others. Grant may get some as well. Ignore the MSRP on Lipsey's though. I've seen them significantly cheaper on Gun Broker. Not sure if this is limited production however.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast