Thread: M1 Garand Clips

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

M1 Garand Clips

It seems that AEC branded M1 clips are popular. I bought a bunch on Amazon for a good price and they had a ton of great reviews, however when I tried loading them, the rounds wouldn't stay stacked neatly. Instead they bowed out like the clips weren't stiff enough to keep them inline. I didn't have this issue with some old clips that were given to me be a neighbor who is an avid antique collector. I don't know what their brand is. Have you guys noticed the same thing or am I just loading them wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Post a picture for us please.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Myself, my personal experience back when I had & owned an M1 was that only G.I. clips worked AT ALL. Seems I recall trying to use a couple aftermarket types and weren't worth a damn. However, there IS a way to load them correctly ,too. Its been 10 years or so since I was into Garands, so I cannot remember just how.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks like they have a rev 3 to fix problems but with the untold millons of GI clips out there why go with current production?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBO7P5ddDGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpxiOq8V7Q4

I am checking to see if the CMP sells these, waiting for them to e-mail me back.
    I would go with the surplus clips everytime as the only issue I have ever had with them is locating them after they eject.
    Last edited by Averageman; 11-17-14 at 05:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Clips marked "JMO" (Julius Maurer Oberstein, Germany, 1970s manufacture) tend to be weak like this and don't hold the round rigidly.

I have received a bunch on CMP-sourced clipped HXP, and I get rid of them as soon as I have the opportunity.