Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Para Ordinance buys Z-M Weapons

Feedback Score

Para Ordinance buys Z-M Weapons

Just found out that Para Ordinance (http://www.paraord.com/) bought Z-M Weapons (http://zmweapons.com/lr_rifles.htm) and will start to manufacture their novel rifles in a couple of months when the get all the tooling in place.

I think this is exciting news and am happy that the ZM Weapons designed by Aldo Zitta will finally get more exposure.

I have one of these awesome guns and they are very accurate and keep very clean.

The guns have a modified direct impingement gas system that keeps most of the gases out of the bolt carrier group and lower receiver.

They also allow for the attachment of a folding butt stock and have less parts than the standard AR design.

Anyway, there's another option now available, hopefully more people will be exposed to this system and adopt it as it is a great system.

(Not affiliated with any parties)

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Good item

Having just bought my first Para handgun. I also am thinking this will be a very good thing for Para and the Z-M Weapons rifles.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The market is heating up. Anyone here with personal experience on a ZM rifle?

It sure is nice to see that big business is betting on Obama losing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    The market is heating up. Anyone here with personal experience on a ZM rifle?
    Yah, I have one and they are great! Very accurate, light and reliable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Olav View Post
    Yah, I have one and they are great! Very accurate, light and reliable.
    What range of prices for their rifles?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter View Post
    What range of prices for their rifles?
    I guess ParaOrdinance will be setting the price schedule.

I talked to Al Zitta, and he speculated that the price should be considerably lower than the what they were selling for when produced in boutique quantities.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome. I have always wanted one of these. ParaOrd's manufacturing, marketing and distribution capacities should vastly improve the price and availability of ZM uppers.

Feedback Score
    ZM has a pretty good reputation for quality, Para Ord not so much. Hopefully they can mass produce the ZM rifles will keeping standards pretty high.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up My Para's quality

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    ZM has a pretty good reputation for quality, Para Ord not so much. Hopefully they can mass produce the ZM rifles will keeping standards pretty high.
    I don't know about all of the Para firearms but my 3-1/2" single stack LDA
    .45acp is a quality 1911. Fit is tight and it's a good shooter right out of the box with for me pretty good groups.

I don't think the quality will change with the ZM line of rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter View Post
    I don't know about all of the Para firearms but my 3-1/2" single stack LDA
    .45acp is a quality 1911. Fit is tight and it's a good shooter right out of the box with for me pretty good groups.

I don't think the quality will change with the ZM line of rifles.

There is a reason why most of the big name 1911 smiths won't touch Para's. They are too hit and miss. The one thing that Para does consistently is to be inconsistent. I suppose they are not unlike Bushmaster in that regards. If you have a good one chances are it is really good, if you have a bad one it is really bad.

None of that changes the fact the ZM's line of rifles have a really good reputation for quality. Hopefully para doesn't screw it up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast