OK - I just bought a Colt 20" barrel off my dad complete with A2 Flash, hand guards, nut, FSB, etc. I would like to make a scope rifle out of this. I'm thinking about getting a Charles Daly complete lower then maybe an LMT upper to attach it all to. I would like to make an "A3" flat upper out of this to mount a 2x scope. But I would also like to put it on an "M4" CD adjustable stock. So in other words it would be a 20" rifle on an adjustable stock vs A2 butt stock. I ask only because I have only seen a handful. Is this stupid or do I also need to do something with the gas tube/block? I would like to use a scope, so I'm thinking about a low profile gas block. Which one to get (block/scope)?????

Let me know what I should do, or do I scrap this idea and just go A2 on the lower with full butt stock and go from there? I already have an M4 in 14.5 and an M-16 Colt A2 in 20", so I want a "tweener" so to speak. I want a nuts on accurate rifle (hence the scope) since both my other AR's are iron sight and I want to keep them that way. I just want one more for long range.

I think it would be cool to do this build. What say you please?

Thanks.