Thread: Collapsable M4 on a 20"???

Feedback Score

Collapsable M4 on a 20"???

OK - I just bought a Colt 20" barrel off my dad complete with A2 Flash, hand guards, nut, FSB, etc. I would like to make a scope rifle out of this. I'm thinking about getting a Charles Daly complete lower then maybe an LMT upper to attach it all to. I would like to make an "A3" flat upper out of this to mount a 2x scope. But I would also like to put it on an "M4" CD adjustable stock. So in other words it would be a 20" rifle on an adjustable stock vs A2 butt stock. I ask only because I have only seen a handful. Is this stupid or do I also need to do something with the gas tube/block? I would like to use a scope, so I'm thinking about a low profile gas block. Which one to get (block/scope)?????

Let me know what I should do, or do I scrap this idea and just go A2 on the lower with full butt stock and go from there? I already have an M4 in 14.5 and an M-16 Colt A2 in 20", so I want a "tweener" so to speak. I want a nuts on accurate rifle (hence the scope) since both my other AR's are iron sight and I want to keep them that way. I just want one more for long range.

I think it would be cool to do this build. What say you please?

Thanks.
    "As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -- Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with a collapsible stock on a 20". Not my personal cup of tea, but to each their own. You also can run optics with a standard front sight base. But if you are looking for a precision rig, I would probably go with folding sights and something like Magpul's PRS stock.

Actually, I'd probably shot the crap out of the factory stuff, til I was outshooting the rifle or could really tell the difference. Spend the money on ammo and instruction. By then I'd probably have a pretty good idea what I wanted.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My 20" Colt upper runs fine on a lower with a collapsible stock, using both CAR and H buffers.

Check out this thread for more info:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15254

Hope that helps.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    Yes - That is cool. I was also wondering about what buffer to use. H I would guess. Anyway that is what I want to do but with a picatinny flat top.

Thanks for the picture.
    "As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -- Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998