Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Frame Reality Fail?

Feedback Score
    I shot a raccoon once with one round of yellowjacket(.22LR HP-headshot) and it fell. I walked up and found it flopping around, so I carefully put 3 rounds in the chest, and the next 6 (tried) in the head. I think I hit is 8 times, and it didn't die until a few seconds after I was out of ammo.

I had 10 rounds, jframe holds 8.

What if that was an attacker?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That is one of those 45/70 raccoons. Maybe throw a snack?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Joking aside.

Years ago I put one of my dogs down after he got run over. At that time my "real" gun was my 1911 and my pocket gun was my PM9. I shot (Beavis, RIP) him in the face (directly between the eyes) with a Golden Saber. He immediately stood up (despite being crushed from the waist down) and stretched out. I shot him 6 more times with .45(center mass). He was still twitching, and I ended up drawing my PM9 and shooting him again in the head to put him down. Two direct hit brain shots with .45 ACP and 9mm were needed to completely deactivate him.
    Lesson? Carry an MG42.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Joking aside.

Years ago I put one of my dogs down after he got run over. At that time my "real" gun was my 1911 and my pocket gun was my PM9. I shot (Beavis, RIP) him in the face (directly between the eyes) with a Golden Saber. He immediately stood up (despite being crushed from the waist down) and stretched out. I shot him 6 more times with .45(center mass). He was still twitching, and I ended up drawing my PM9 and shooting him again in the head to put him down. Two direct hit brain shots with .45 ACP and 9mm were needed to completely deactivate him.
    Lesson? Carry an MG42.
    Jesus! Between the eyes is hard skull. If you want to put down an animal humanely put the muzzle in its ear aimed at the brain. I hope I never need your "help."
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Yep. The really gross thing is it blew his brains out. Apparently thee was just enough of the lower part of his brain to keep him kicking.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Yep. The really gross thing is it blew his brains out. Apparently thee was just enough of the lower part of his brain to keep him kicking.
    That would have crushed me. My dogs are my kids.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I shot a raccoon once with one round of yellowjacket(.22LR HP-headshot) and it fell. I walked up and found it flopping around, so I carefully put 3 rounds in the chest, and the next 6 (tried) in the head. I think I hit is 8 times, and it didn't die until a few seconds after I was out of ammo.

Sounds to me like what you experienced was a one-shot stop.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Things just don't die that easy.

I've shot a lot of animals that didn't just die, but you learn what is dead but still moving....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

The animal was dead from the first shot. The nervous system very commonly does this with a good brain hit.
    Dave

INNOVATION IS SELDOM ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT CONTROVERSY.
    My first rule of a gunfight, thanks to John Farnam's wise advice. "Get away from there!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spdldr View Post
    The animal was dead from the first shot. The nervous system very commonly does this with a good brain hit.
    Where is the damn scene from The Rock with Cage and Connery and the dead guy twitching?
    "What you want me to do? Kill him again?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast