Thread: AO Precision 300 AAC Blackout? 👍or 👎

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

AO Precision 300 AAC Blackout? 👍or 👎

I see that CDNN has some 9" SBR uppers in 300 Blackout. I called in and asked who the maker was and they said they're made by "AO Precision". Is that considered a good maker for 300 BLK uppers? Anybody own one of these? I'd never heard of them, but this will be my first venture into the 300 BLK after giving up on the 6.8. All of my other stuff is BCM and Noveske, so I like quality stuff, and I'd be putting on on my sbr lower which is BCM and using my BCM bcg with it. I hope to use it to do some deer and hog hunting with.

I tried searching but I'm on my cell at the moment and not coming up with anything helpful. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Texpatriate; 11-19-14 at 12:42.
    "COME AND TAKE IT"

NRA Endowment Life Member
    Texas State Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Last edited by Texpatriate; 11-19-14 at 13:02.
    "COME AND TAKE IT"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Id be interested to hear as well. I checked and best I could tell is they make receivers and parts for other companies. I wonder if they are a USGI contractor?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Geez, the silence in here is deafening! Nobody knows anything about these uppers or AO Precision?
    "COME AND TAKE IT"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I had better luck using Google to search this site
    than the search function:
    site:m4carbine.net AO Precision

What I've found is basically they are a USGI contractor and they supply lots of companies. But the quality you get is going to be dependent on the specs/requirements of the company purchasing the part.
    As far as I can tell, AO doesn't sell uppers to the public so it is most likely assembled from AO parts by someone. This is where you see a difference in quality. BCM rejects parts that don't meet their QC standards, what do other companies do with those parts? Also companies like BCM and Noveske have a reputation for building a good rifle the right way with quality parts, how much do you trust CDNN?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I gave them a second call to get more details. It turns out the stripped upper itself was manufactured by AO Precison and all of it was assembled there at CDNN. So on my first call I made the mistake of asking "what kind of upper is it, who made it?", and the guy just read the name AO Precision off of a parts list on a computer screen. On the second call I got him to read me the whole list. Most of the parts where AO Precison, a couple of small parts where bushmaster like the forward assist, but most glaringly, he had no listing for who the barrel manufacturer was. Hmmm. Caveat emptor. I've purchased a few guns from them over the years but I have no idea what level of confidence I should put in them, but I'm guessing not much. It's relatively cheap though, so I might roll the dice just out of curiosity. I'll let you know.
    "COME AND TAKE IT"