Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Diagnose M&P issue

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Glad it didn't happen to you in a shtf situation. M&P's have yet to demonstrate suitable reliability for self defense use, even with 3rd party parts.

My other M&P has been excellent after many rounds. It may be as much an issue if the third party instillation, but I have to figure it out.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi,

There are a couple of things that might be at play if your gun has the larger 1/8" sear spring and plunger. First, can you tell me if the sear spring is coated in yellow paint? Smith color codes their non MA sear spring with yellow paint. I have found that this spring can be too light to use with our Forward Set Sear due to the weight distribution of the sear. If you do have the factory sear spring installed, let me know and I will get you the appropriate sear spring (ours is silver, and stronger than factory to resist sear flutter).

Another thing that can cause the dead trigger with the FSS is wear of the trigger bar at the point where the trigger loop resets under the sear. Both the side of the loop and the camming surface (top of loop) should be square and perpenduclar to one another. As the trigger bar wears, a nearly 45 degree notch forms, and it can allow the trigger loop to pop underneath the sear cam before the slide returns to battery.

If neither of these are the cause, give us a call and we will be happy to help!

-Randy

Hopefully the cause is one of the two that I just mentioned, and preferably the first since that is a quick one to remedy. The second one usually requires replacing the trigger bar.
    Thank you Randy. Much appreciate as always. I will examine the gun asap and post results. Unlike my other M&Ps with Apex parts, i didn't install the one myself. Mistake #1 I suppose.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hi,

There are a couple of things that might be at play if your gun has the larger 1/8" sear spring and plunger. First, can you tell me if the sear spring is coated in yellow paint? Smith color codes their non MA sear spring with yellow paint. I have found that this spring can be too light to use with our Forward Set Sear due to the weight distribution of the sear. If you do have the factory sear spring installed, let me know and I will get you the appropriate sear spring (ours is silver, and stronger than factory to resist sear flutter).

Another thing that can cause the dead trigger with the FSS is wear of the trigger bar at the point where the trigger loop resets under the sear. Both the side of the loop and the camming surface (top of loop) should be square and perpenduclar to one another. As the trigger bar wears, a nearly 45 degree notch forms, and it can allow the trigger loop to pop underneath the sear cam before the slide returns to battery.

If neither of these are the cause, give us a call and we will be happy to help!

-Randy

Hopefully the cause is one of the two that I just mentioned, and preferably the first since that is a quick one to remedy. The second one usually requires replacing the trigger bar.
    The plunger spring is not yellow. The loop on the trigger bar looks square and clean to my eye, but not my area of expertise to be sure. I can post some pics also if that helps. Sadly, I don't think it's either of those. I guess I'll have to put in a call ASAP. I'm of the nature, as many are, if I lose confidence in a SD/Duty gun and can't be sure I have addressed the specific issue, and am confident it's addressed, it's gone.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It sounds like it might be the slide to frame tolerance is on the higher side. We have a cure for those instances. Give us a call and let my staff know that you have been in contact with me. We can send a replacement sear that is machined to ride a little higher in the frame.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    It sounds like it might be the slide to frame tolerance is on the higher side. We have a cure for those instances. Give us a call and let my staff know that you have been in contact with me. We can send a replacement sear that is machined to ride a little higher in the frame.

-Randy
    This is why I love this forum, good people all around
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    This is why I love this forum, good people all around
    Randy is the best.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12