Thread: Polish AK help

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Polish AK help

I am sorry that I am not researching this myself but I am offered a trade for a Polish AK from Lancaster built off a Nodak and has a chrome lines barrel. It is an underfolder as well...

My questions are...what kind of quality are polish AKs? And it being a underfolder, can I turn it into a modern AK with a telescoping stock?

My thought is that I cannot convert the stock into a telescoping stock with the AK being a underfolder

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Polish made good AKs. However that has a lot less to do with the quality than who actually built it here in the US. In the case of Lancaster, they are very hit or miss and mostly junk. And you are correct, the underfolders use a unique receiver and rear trunnion so a stock conversion would not be an easy nor cheap task.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thank you. I knew that Lancaster aren't tgat great anymore compared to their quality pre-2008.

What about the Ace folding stock adapter?...
    Last edited by jahwarrior1423; 11-29-14 at 01:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mako makes a replacement stock for underfolders that folds and telescopes. It is $$$. https://www.themakogroup.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8682

CAA makes a replacement stock for underfolders that is basically a fixed milspec buffer tube. It is reasonably priced and well made from people I've talked to. http://store.commandarms.com/products/AKUFSA

Lancaster took a solid reputation and tossed it into an abandoned septic tank and then set it on fire. First CS went to shit and then build quality plummeted which only made the first problem worse. Then there were the builds that were paid for and never delivered. Know what you are getting before doing the deal.
    Last edited by Hizzie; 11-29-14 at 11:15. Reason: Adding links
    Former LEO (12 years)
    Paramedic
    B-TOMS
    TCCC
    TECC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It being a Lancaster is a concern to me...especially if something should be fixed under warranty. Where would I take it?

Then it being a underfolder, it seems that it'll be a bigger project than I want it to be and possibly cost more $$$ to configure the rifle to what I want.

If I were to trade, I would need to make sure it's an older Lancaster...how is that possible? They post their Serial Numbers to determine their date of production?