Thread: Browning hi power FTE

Feedback Score

Browning hi power FTE

Tried some of the Winchester train & defend ammo which is supposed to be 147gr in a new Browning hi power MK III, had constant FTE's out of 2 different mags. No problems at all with any 115gr ammo. I haven't had any issues with the Winchester t&d in my VP9. Thinking that it being a low recoil round could be the cause in the hi power. Has anyone had any issues with this ammo?
    Last edited by zanek05; 11-26-14 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    What is FTE?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've owned several MK 111 HP's and still shoot one. My experience is that if your new pistol is not perfectly eating this particular round, then the problem is the ammo. I've shot about 1000 rounds of the Win 147 in several pistols and noticed that my particular lot didn't have much zip. My pistols are well worn and broken in for sure. The 147 grain bullet is longer than the BHP's standard 124 grain loading, but this variable in not a likely cause. Sometimes an extra power mag spring will resolve tricky issues. If interested you can order one from Wolff Gun Springs.

Feedback Score
    It was the ammo, shot 6 different brands all 115gr & 124gr fmj & hp's through the same mags, all functioned flawlessly. That particular box of Winchester T&D seemed to be very underpowered.