nice chart

thanks!

Feedback Score
    KAC has a .308 as well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    KAC has a .308 as well.
    I didnt include KAC due to it's cost and availability. KAC is made to fit DPMS mags but not compatible with DPMS uppers.

Feedback Score
    KAC mags are designed like H&K mags, I didn't think they were capatible with DPMS? I could be wrong never really took the time to look at a DPMS mag. Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Mine fits the DPMS mags...

Feedback Score
    I stand corrected Thats pretty cool being KAC ar 10 mags are what like 120 bucks(somethin like that)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
    I didnt include KAC due to it's cost and availability. KAC is made to fit DPMS mags but not compatible with DPMS uppers.
    KAC was building/selling .308 weapons before DPMS was. So the DPMS mags are copy of the KAC not the other way around.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My statement is: The DPMS uppers will not fit on a KAC lower. Everyone knows KAC was in the 308 ball game before DPMS (Well I hope everyone does).

Feedback Score
    I think it is interesting that GAP will build-up AR10 or DPMS receivers for their semi-auto rifle. Same price for either also. I emailed and asked which system they prefer, and I got an answer back that addressed some of my other points, but not the AR10vsDPMS point. I guess they want to stay out of that discussion.

It seems the biggest differences are that the DPMS lower is a billet, the upper is extruded. The AR10 upper and lower are forged.

I like the billet part, not the extruded part. (Extruded sounds like making sausage or plastic parts). The whole forged vs billet thing really confuses me. It does seem that the DPMS mags can be had for cheaper. I worry that the AR10 mags are just compromised M14 mags, while I assume DPMS mags being KAC type mags are purpose engineered, plus C Products has a Stainless steel version.

It also seems that the list price for the DPMS lower way high at $400+, and in the $250 range seems.

I too am just looking at lowers to put away for a rainy day project to build up. I'd love to hear what you decide.

FMCDH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12