Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 CTR .260 Remington

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tikka T3 CTR .260 Remington

Picked up a Tikka T3 CTR in .260 remington a couple of weeks ago and finally got to shoot it yesterday. It was a chilly 34 degrees out.

Tikka T3 CTR .260 Remington
    Atlas bipod
    Leupold PRW low rings
    Leupold Mark AR mod 1 6-18x40

It took about ten shoots to get on paper at 100 yards. I should have done a better job bore sighting it as to not waste my hand loads. The shot to the far left is one from sighting it in. I only fired 15 shots total as my wife and I had been shooting .223 earlier and we were getting cold and hungry.

The load is the picture was as follows:
    Brass: Laupa
    Bullet: 139gr Laupa
    Powder: 40.7gr H4350
    Primer: CCI BR2
    COAL: 2.790"

I'm heading back to the range tomorrow to retest 40.7gr, 41.0gr, 41.5gr and 42.0gr of H4350. If I don't see any pressure signs at 42, I'll try a few at 42.5 and 43gr just to see what velocity I get from this 20" barrel.

11/30/2014 Update:

The weather was much warmer today, overcast but 61 degrees. Tested the velocity of my loads today. All of them grouped under an inch at 100 yards and no signs of excess pressure so I'm going to test 42.5 and 43.0gr of H4350 next to get more velocity.

40.7gr H4350 - Avg: 2456 fps
    41.0gr H4350 - Avg: 2505 fps
    41.5gr H4350 - Avg: 2533 fps
    42.0gr H4350 - Avg: 2566 fps
    Last edited by the_accuser; 11-30-14 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    Congrats!
    Nice looking rifle.
    Love my 260!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Very nice! I'm thinking hard on one and the Element chassis.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Very nice! I'm thinking hard on one and the Element chassis.
    I'm torn between the Element chassis or the KRG x-ray chassis in Sako green. I hope to get back to the range in a couple of weeks to do some more testing. So far I am very happy with my purchase.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_accuser View Post
    I'm torn between the Element chassis or the KRG x-ray chassis in Sako green. I hope to get back to the range in a couple of weeks to do some more testing. So far I am very happy with my purchase.
    I'm looking at options for a "do all" rifle. Want the weight down, "compact" will do the folder option with it. Want to do a FN build with the Element. XLR (Kyle) stated he would do the Element for a Winchester/FN if I had 20 interested parties. Had a thread on SH before the switchover and after a month, had two. I guess it's like today's society, perception of right and wrong and the belief that blemington is the best. Tikka/Element seems to be the next option or the Evolution chassis with receiver mod to the FN.

OP, I would do the Element, much lighter, cleaner and fitting of this rifle. It's just the pack rat in me, but keep the original stock and mag in case you ever want to switch it back. How's the bolt feel, trigger, etc?

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm looking at options for a "do all" rifle. Want the weight down, "compact" will do the folder option with it. Want to do a FN build with the Element. XLR (Kyle) stated he would do the Element for a Winchester/FN if I had 20 interested parties. Had a thread on SH before the switchover and after a month, had two. I guess it's like today's society, perception of right and wrong and the belief that blemington is the best. Tikka/Element seems to be the next option or the Evolution chassis with receiver mod to the FN.

OP, I would do the Element, much lighter, cleaner and fitting of this rifle. It's just the pack rat in me, but keep the original stock and mag in case you ever want to switch it back. How's the bolt feel, trigger, etc?

Mark
    The bolt seems super smooth and trigger is really nice but all I have to compare that to is a Remington 783.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This makes me want a Tikka, only palmed them before..

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The bolt seems super smooth and trigger is really nice but all I have to compare that to is a Remington 783.
    Heck two rocks sliding together would be better. Test any more of the loads?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heck two rocks sliding together would be better. Test any more of the loads?
    Haven't tested anything else yet. Honestly I probably won't get to the range until Christmas. I'm trying to get a hold of some of the Laupa 136gr L scenar's to test as well.

As for the 783, you can tell it is a low quality rifle but it actually shoots quite well.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Haven't tested anything else yet. Honestly I probably won't get to the range until Christmas. I'm trying to get a hold of some of the Laupa 136gr L scenar's to test as well.

As for the 783, you can tell it is a low quality rifle but it actually shoots quite well.
    Sounds good. Busy season it seems. Don't beat yourself to much tweaking loads.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast