Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best .223 Ammo

Feedback Score

Best .223 Ammo

Ive been reading about Wolf ammo and most people seem to like it. Not sure if just because its cheap or if it really is good ammo. I use Reloads and Winchester 9mm for my Sigma. But ive been seeing a lot of Wolf stuff. From what i read Hornady is lookig like the best ammo or one of the best? And my other question is ... Whats a good ammo brand. Or should i buy a bunch of different 20 round boxes and find out for myself?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For range use...anything that feeds, fires, and ejects.

For "business"... Federal Tactical and Hornady TAP are hard to beat...IMO.

The best rounds I have found are my own reloads...YMMV.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner665 View Post
    The best rounds I have found are my own reloads...YMMV.
    Same here.

Best ammo for what is a good question. Accuracy? Defense?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Best ammo for price and performance. I dont know how to do my own reloads so..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRO31888 View Post
    Best ammo for price and performance. I dont know how to do my own reloads so..
    Federal American Eagle is good, but the prices are high if you can find it.

Priv M193 is pretty good stuff too. It's not too expensive. Wideners doesn't show it right now, but I think GandRtactical may have some.

You can shoot wolf. It's not the Worst ammo you can get. You may get an occasional stuck case, but they tap right out with a cleaning rod.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    kk thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Priv M193 is pretty good stuff too. It's not too expensive. Wideners doesn't show it right now, but I think GandRtactical may have some.
    Actually, that's reversed: G&R is showing no stock. Wideners has it but, they're a case lighter as of yesterday.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    Actually, that's reversed: G&R is showing no stock. Wideners has it but, they're a case lighter as of yesterday.
    Cool! It's decent ammo I have an unopenned bag of it in my closet now.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRO31888 View Post
    Ive been reading about Wolf ammo and most people seem to like it. Not sure if just because its cheap or if it really is good ammo. I use Reloads and Winchester 9mm for my Sigma. But ive been seeing a lot of Wolf stuff. From what i read Hornady is lookig like the best ammo or one of the best? And my other question is ... Whats a good ammo brand. Or should i buy a bunch of different 20 round boxes and find out for myself?

Wolf is not quality ammo. It is dirty, inaccurate and under pressured. People like it because it is cheap.

Hornady and BH's are the two top companies for quality ammo.

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is dirty, inaccurate and under pressured.
    Had to read that twice. I thought you were talking about airmen. J/K!

In the very first magazine of Wolf ammunition that I ever tried, a cartridge case came apart in the chamber and the rim broke under the extractor.

I hear/read that some people use Wolf all the time and never have problems with it. Personally, I won't even let Wolf ammo come near my stuff for fear of it contaminating it through some weird osmosis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast