Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats daniels defense top of the line rail

Feedback Score

whats daniels defense top of the line rail

just as the title states im wanting to know whats the top of the line quad rail dd makes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Remember google is your friend. https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems.html
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Remember google is your friend. https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems.html
    ive googled pretty much all of dd's rails trying to figure out the pecking order so to speak thats why i wanted to hear it straight from daniels defense. right now im leaning towards both the m4a1 ris 2 fsb model and the mk18 ris 2 fsb model, maybe im wrong but these appear to be the top of the line rails, if not what is the top of the line rail?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by readyfireaim View Post
    ive googled pretty much all of dd's rails trying to figure out the pecking order so to speak thats why i wanted to hear it straight from daniels defense. right now im leaning towards both the m4a1 ris 2 fsb model and the mk18 ris 2 fsb model, maybe im wrong but these appear to be the top of the line rails, if not what is the top of the line rail?
    The reason I linked DD's site with all there rails is when your looking for a rail from a quality manufacture then there's really no bad choice. It really comes down to what you want. From your post i am guessing you have a carbine gas length ar with fsb? Which in that case the mk18 rail will not work unless you change your fsb for a low profile gas block.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    just as the title states im wanting to know whats the top of the line quad rail dd makes
    I would check and see if there is a local gun shop that sells DD and carries a variety of rails that you can look over and choose which one will work best for your application.
    Daniel Defense makes a quality product that is above par throughout their entire line of rails, so it really comes down to your particular needs.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The DD handguard line diverges for different applications - if you need the ability to mount an M203 or make a Block II M4 or Mk18 upper, the RIS-II is the answer. Outright lightweight - the SLiM rail is going to win, but omits side and bottom rails for keymod surfaces to do so. If you're going to use that handguard space, or want more handguard diameter then the Lite rail is the answer.

First, figure out if you need a quad rail, as that will make the biggest determination. The next part is figuring out which handguard profile you prefer (I like the thin but tall OmegaX profile the best, but that's unusual; most will prefer the Lite (more oval), or even the RIS-II (very wide, with a high bottom rail close to the barrel), so see by that first). Since you're looking at FSB models, I'd also be looking a Centurion Arms (their 12.0 and 9.5 FSP C4 models are quite similar in shape the the DD setup, but is designed around stock barrel nuts instead of the DD barrel nuts - I don't feel bad making that comparison since the biggest selling point of either system compared to the other is the barrel nut it uses).

Basically, DD doesn't do a pecking order of handguards, instead they vary more by intended application (as they're all machined aluminium to the same precision specs with the same range of surface treatment options [with a couple exceptions]), so don't think of them in that regard. If you see some cheaper ones it's primarily because they came from complete uppers or are a discontinued variant of the rail (the OmegaX and 6-Bolt LITE systems are no longer made, but primarily because the Lite-III was a single design that could functionally replace both of them).
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    The DD handguard line diverges for different applications - if you need the ability to mount an M203 or make a Block II M4 or Mk18 upper, the RIS-II is the answer. Outright lightweight - the SLiM rail is going to win, but omits side and bottom rails for keymod surfaces to do so. If you're going to use that handguard space, or want more handguard diameter then the Lite rail is the answer.

First, figure out if you need a quad rail, as that will make the biggest determination. The next part is figuring out which handguard profile you prefer (I like the thin but tall OmegaX profile the best, but that's unusual; most will prefer the Lite (more oval), or even the RIS-II (very wide, with a high bottom rail close to the barrel), so see by that first). Since you're looking at FSB models, I'd also be looking a Centurion Arms (their 12.0 and 9.5 FSP C4 models are quite similar in shape the the DD setup, but is designed around stock barrel nuts instead of the DD barrel nuts - I don't feel bad making that comparison since the biggest selling point of either system compared to the other is the barrel nut it uses).

Basically, DD doesn't do a pecking order of handguards, instead they vary more by intended application (as they're all machined aluminium to the same precision specs with the same range of surface treatment options [with a couple exceptions]), so don't think of them in that regard. If you see some cheaper ones it's primarily because they came from complete uppers or are a discontinued variant of the rail (the OmegaX and 6-Bolt LITE systems are no longer made, but primarily because the Lite-III was a single design that could functionally replace both of them).
    This is an excellent post and the portion in bold is especially worth thinking about. I personally don't see much use for a quad rail. I don't think most people have that much stuff they need to attach to a rifle and direct mounts to tubes along with keymod are usually a better solution for people looking to use a VFG, light, and sling.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    RIS II....

I need to save up some money an email Mr. Marler at DD to beg for a Mk18 FSP RIS II.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Sorry everyone i didnt realize there was 2 pages of responses,but working the graveyard shift will do that to a person lol. I wasnt aware that dd didnt have a "pecking order" so to speak,most companies do. I guess I should go back and do more researchand figure out what's best for me, i might still do the omega 9 fsp idea i had the other day, anyways thanks again for all your help its very much appreciated

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola_Jack View Post
    This is an excellent post and the portion in bold is especially worth thinking about. I personally don't see much use for a quad rail. I don't think most people have that much stuff they need to attach to a rifle and direct mounts to tubes along with keymod are usually a better solution for people looking to use a VFG, light, and sling.
    Couldn't agree more. I was sure I wanted a quad rail on my latest (I put magpul handguard on my first AR). Then I started handling different rifles with various set ups, and knowing I wanted something lighter yet rugged with which to take formal training, I landed on the SLiM keymod. Love it.

Edit....DDM4 V11. That's what I landed on, overall. So far, very happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast