Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Military Forum?

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I think we should keep it just like it is.
    +1 ... F2S's point was great. The more we sectionalize and factionalize the forum, the less information is getting shared. The solider who logs into a mil forum and asks a question might not get the best possible answer(s) because the best solution may have been dreamt up by a cop, contractor, or even an individual enthusiast.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I think we should keep it just like it is.
    I completely agree.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMark View Post
    Well Buck....,

You have done something that most of the times takes a senior General Officer to do - - - Shut Me Up.

Please disregard my asking about a Military section.

6 - OUT!

Try here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php

http://www.socnet.com/

This may or may not help. In either case, safe travels.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    How about if the military forum was open to view by LE and general public , but only verified users would be allowed to post there?
    Just to help keep some uniformity and weight in the responses. The rest of everyone here would benefit from the validity of the discussions IMHO.

I do understand the LE forum reasons for making it private- I'll never argue about that, and nor am I interested in a Military Forum because they have theirs...

Just my 2 cents-
    Dave

Changing peoples accounts to give them access to one forum and not to another cause staff members a lot of work. The LE forum ties up on mod and a staff person already.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Not a bad idea on the .Mil forum.

Did you read the reqs on how to gain access to the LE forum? https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9970

My guess is that the reason why cannot get in is because you are no longer full time.

C4
    I personally think that excluding LEOs who do not work full time (i.e.: Volunteers like myself) is a travesty. We share the same risks as the full-timers but without the pay, retirement plan, or the benefits (meidcal, dental, etc.). And yet, we are not good enough to share the information that could help us survive another shift? Pretty elitist, if you ask me.

At the very least, it would be nice to gain read-only access to the LEO boards just so we can receive pertinent information.

As far as Military-only boards, as long as it is not limited just to active-duty personnel (I'm an Army Reservist) I think it's a great idea. I have had some military-based questions that I would not dare post in an open forum. JM2CW.

ADDED: I don't really care if things stay the way they are. I was just voicing my opinion.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I personally think that excluding LEOs who do not work full time (i.e.: Volunteers like myself) is a travesty. We share the same risks as the full-timers but without the pay, retirement plan, or the benefits (meidcal, dental, etc.). And yet, we are not good enough to share the information that could help us survive another shift? Pretty elitist, if you ask me.

At the very least, it would be nice to gain read-only access to the LEO boards just so we can receive pertinent information.

As far as Military-only boards, as long as it is not limited just to active-duty personnel (I'm an Army Reservist) I think it's a great idea. I have had some military-based questions that I would not dare post in an open forum. JM2CW.

ADDED: I don't really care if things stay the way they are. I was just voicing my opinion.
    Don't blame me as I didn't make the rules for the forum. Ask the guys that run it for a reason.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder6 View Post
    Try here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php

http://www.socnet.com/

This may or may not help. In either case, safe travels.
    WILCO!

Moving Now........
    D. Mark
    Gentleman Farmer. U.S. Army (Ret)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123