Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use an Aimpint/Eotech on a Shotgun?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Anyone use an Aimpint/Eotech on a Shotgun?

I removed the rear sight from my M590, loctited in factory Weaver rail and mounted an ML2 in the Aimpoint 30mm ring. Haven't had a class yet, but I've used it to take turkeys.

has anyone else tried using an RDS on a shotgun?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Sub I have, I had my local smith install a rail on my 870 I use a old compM-XD Aimpoint in the factory low mount. Works great.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    I have an E-otech 512 on a Mossy500 street sweeper. Sits on the Mesa Tach rail. The only prob is the Mesa rail flexes a little, but not enough to make a difference at the range(yds.) I need it for. It's a great set up.

0-75 yds........ not much can get away.

Feedback Score
    One oif my hunting parteners used my Eotech for deer season lastyear, it was great for close movement shots, but was too busy for 50 yd plus shots on a bounding deer. He said he had problems with the bounding deer and the circle and dot reticle.

Another problem he had with it was getting "scudge"; grass, weeds, and muck on the glass and having the HUD image messed up.

The scope he normally uses for deer on his 11/87 is a Leupold/Gilmore lg 35 and he loves it.

Feedback Score
    My personal home defence device

Feedback Score
    I've got an Eotech 552 on a Knight's 870 RAS, works great!

Feedback Score

putting one of these on your scattergun is the way to go!!

Feedback Score
    Wait until you see the Aimpoint Micro H-1 (Hunting) or T-1 (Tactical) sights. The Micro's have an integral mount. The difference is the T-1 is NVG compatible and the H-1 isn't. The H-1 will cost less. Both have a five year battery life and perfect for mounting on "smoothbores." I'll have one soon for my 870 and I'll post pictures. LaRue is already making a QD lever for the Micros.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Here is a VangComp 870 www.vangcomp.com/Home.html with a Pictinny Rail on the receiver so that it can mount Aimpoint's new Micro T-1. I will be running the gun and the Aimpoint hard this weekend and will provide a report.

The Micro T-1 stats:
    Weight - 3.7 Oz
    Battery Life - 5 years on setting 7 w/ CR2032 Battery
    MOA - 4 (6 night vision compatible settings and 7 daylight settings, including one extra bright setting for use in desert sunlight or with laser protection filters)
    Waterproof - 25M (80 ft)
    NVG compatible

Feedback Score
    Here is a close up of the Micro on the VangComp 870

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast