Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: How Effective is the MK12?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looking forward to a write up on Otter Creek's version of that suppressor. Could be an intriguing item if its loses some weight and kept the same function.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    Attachment 69576 This one is W/O suppressor. Very little impact shift and difference in velocity. Barrel is a White oak 20inch SPR barrel. I can shoot better but I was struggling a little that day
    It says 1.15 MOA, so that should mean a 3.45" group at 300 yards, is that what we're seeing?

Feedback Score
    Somewhere around there what got me was the velocity didn’t change. Scope is a Leupold MK5 3-18 great match for that rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    Looking forward to a write up on Otter Creek's version of that suppressor. Could be an intriguing item if its loses some weight and kept the same function.
    I’ve got one in NFA jail and a SPR barrel in my safe. It is lighter (on paper…I don’t have an OG one to compare directly), and the baffle design is obviously different. I suspect that it’ll sound great, but require an AGB. Remind me in like a year for my thoughts.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    It says 1.15 MOA, so that should mean a 3.45" group at 300 yards, is that what we're seeing?
    I think that's a bit optimistic.
    5" ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Ive been wanting to do a mk12 but I aint a clone person and dont tell arfcom about your mk12 because they will pick everything apart about it.
    I know its nothing special but this is something ive been working on because I have this 16" barrel sitting around and we know how that goes when you have spare parts around.

https://ibb.co/Kzwc5J1
    Those posers can kiss both sides of my a$$. I think it's pretty damn close to a true clone.

Anyhoo. Had it out to 500y this past weekend and it wasn't even a challenge. Both the clone and my 18" Noveske barreled "Alex" version SPR were making easy hits round after round. to quote Elle Woods; "What, like it's hard?"
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Those posers can kiss both sides of my a$$. I think it's pretty damn close to a true clone.

Anyhoo. Had it out to 500y this past weekend and it wasn't even a challenge. Both the clone and my 18" Noveske barreled "Alex" version SPR were making easy hits round after round. to quote Elle Woods; "What, like it's hard?"
    nice!

Feedback Score
    Anyone actually use there MK12 for anything besides precision work? I just took the attached ARCA rail off mine and put on a short picatinny rail underneath for a quick detach bipod. Then did some practice with it at 50 yards bringing it up from low ready to engage steel. With the Mk5 3.6x18 dialed down I hovered at around 1.4 to 1.5 seconds to do a shot on 10 inch plate. While the crosshairs were really thin it wasn't that bad. While the gun was heavy to bring up it did not hardly move when shooting both with and without the suppressor. Once I put on an offset red dot I think I am gonna try it out at an indoor two gun match to get used to using it up close. With all the effort to make this thing accurate and usually shooting at long distance I kind of forgot it is supposed to be a gun to fight with also, any way my little experiment was touched my interest in seeing how good or bad I do compared to my 16 inch guns in that area

Feedback Score

Mine shot this Monday, white oak armament barrel and my hand loads. I’ll never duplicate this again. Personally I think the calibration was off on that target, because my MPA 6.5 shot a .15 moa group. I was using a different technique loading the bag . Maybe that made a difference. In a couple weeks I’m gonna shoot on paper and see if I can duplicate or if this was a one off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How effective is any 5.56mm AR15 with an accurate 18" barrel?

The MK12 is no more or less than an 18" barreled AR15. It's carbon fiber forearm and continuous rail makes it a bit different than most AR15's, but I'm not sure they add anything as far as accuracy or terminal effectiveness goes.

At best the MK12 derives it effectiveness from it Douglas stainless 18" barrel and use of a MVPO. Great accurate stainless 18" barrels abound, and MVPO's though few are readily available from a variety of makers, and most are far better suited to the task the MK12 was designed for than Leupold's SFP Mk4 2.5-8x36 MR/T illum. or 3.5-10x40mm non-illum.

Even Nightforce's SFP 2.5-10x24mm is eclipsed by todays offerings in every category except weight. FFP adds weight, but increases functionality, exponentially.

If one wants light weight in an SFP package, Vortex makes a nice Razor HD LHT 3-15x42 HSR-5i MRAD Riflescope that weighs 19 oz. Nightforce still makes a 2.5-10x42mm SFP MPVO that weights in @ 20.5 oz. The well loved Nightforce 2.5-10x24mm weighed only 17 oz.

Many could argue that the 1-10x24mm LPVO really fills that niche now, but all 1-10's currently are lacking parallax adjustment, and that leaves some accuracy capabilities at ranges both long and short on the table.
    Last edited by BobinNC; 02-17-23 at 10:59. Reason: Clarity

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast