Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How Effective is the MK12?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09stanggt View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here ever listens to Tactical Rifleman, Karl Erickson on YT. Two nights ago he had Steve Holland on. He had an upper which was a cut down 20" HBAR to 16 with what he said he the fiberglass FF tube from an AR10T. It was cut down to just behind the front sight. He doesn't have much good to say about PRI! He talked about how they'd cut an inch off the barrel at a time and test. That another group was doing the RECCE at the same time. He said he wanted a Mk262 equivalent as a result of watching the AMU and they were running 77's at 600. He's been on there before and gave the whole history of the 6.8 SPC and he's a riot to boot.
    I like his channel, but don't catch every video so I had to look it up. Good God, 3hrs video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I like his channel, but don't catch every video so I had to look it up. Good God, 3hrs video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like his channel a lot due to the no frills, no BS nature of what he posts. His “Tactical Tuesday” live streams can be lengthy, so I usually treat them like an audio book, where I’ll listen to them 10-15 minutes at a time. It was cool to actually see and hear from Steve Holland, and to see his prototype Mod-H upper.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I like the 9-Hole Reviews, here's one on the MK12 they did a couple of months ago.

“The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I like the 9-Hole Reviews, here's one on the MK12 they did a couple of months ago.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just ordered the PRI Mk12 Mod0 upper.

Been sitting on the Leopold Mk4 2.5-8 for years. Got the ARMS rings and a Colt "M4 Carbine" marked lower.

Can't wait to have my clone built.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Mk 12 was the first AR I ever built, and my dumbass sold it. My most regrettable sale to this day as it was an absolute tack driver punching 1 hole groups at 100 with 77 grain black hills. I shot it out to 600 yards a few times and regularly range c zone steel at 5-600 yards. Its a very effective platform, although with the handguards and accessories if going clone correct, a little outdated. If you took a mk12 barrel, put a modern handguard and some of the newer optic choices on the market its a very viable platform if you want the smoothness of a rifle gas system. Personally I run 14.5's mostly just for practicality as I have some bolt guns for longer range work. And most stuff I might need an AR for would be within 300 yards. With all that said, I absolutely love the mk 12. Its a very accurate, reliable, soft shooting, and amazing platform.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Just ordered the PRI Mk12 Mod0 upper.

Been sitting on the Leopold Mk4 2.5-8 for years. Got the ARMS rings and a Colt "M4 Carbine" marked lower.

Can't wait to have my clone built.
    Got a Lupey MK4 3-9 I took off mine when I upgraded to more modern glass.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Got a Lupey MK4 3-9 I took off mine when I upgraded to more modern glass.
    I know the scope is out of date, but I am trying to make a "clone" as much as I can. Just something about the original lines of the rifle speaks to me. Ive wanted one for a long time but the brake being threaded for a can made it a no-go in NJ. I made my own version with an 18" Noveske barrel and so on, but it's just not the same. Now that I am in NC, I can do whatever the hell I want and it's great!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Finally got it!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    I was being sarcastic towards the other guy. Making the statement "a suppressed 556 would not be my choice of weapon to silently do anything" is off-topic and frankly offers no meaningful information. My point is, there is no round available (that i'm aware of) that allows you to quietly and effectively engage targets at 600+ meters.
    600 yd target ain't hearing that one anyway.

Semi-relevant question (as it applies to the Mk12/DMR role): Is there an arbitrary distance, or rule of thumb range at which the can comes off in order to get maximal terminal ballistic effect?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast