Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CTOMS X-Belt PS – Molle Battle Belt Photos & Review:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having seen this rig up close (and posed with it )...I can say its top notch! Heavy duty hardware.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Belt does not roll -- it has stiffeners sewn inside of it.

I ripped the rear pad off it, when it snagged leaving a vehicle -- Chris changed the attachment method to ensure it is more secure.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishdave View Post
    CTOMS X-Belt PS – Update & some more photos:

MM brought up a good point about the adjustability of the suspenders. While the shock cord/bungee system works well when worn, they are not easily adjusted in haste. I think a combination of the shock cords, along with an adjustable length of nylon using sliders and buckles may also work. As Kevin noted, I could see the suspenders falling off the shoulders w/o some form of elastic tension, especially when kneeling and changing positions.

For me, the only time I see myself adjusting the length of the suspenders is when the weather gets cooler, and will need to wear a light jacket or pullover under all this. Given the overall merits of the X-Belt’s design, I don’t think the suspenders should be a deal breaker.
    the suspenders should definitely not be a deal breaker, especially if it works well for you as-is. LOL kev, i figured you were the one behind the elastic.
    not to hijack the thread, but just adding my .02 about suspenders. i helped design the highspeedgear HSLD suspenders, which had shock cord to provide the elasticity. however, i think the main length adjustment, as flyfishdave pointed out, should be on the webbing straps with sliders for ease of adjustment. plus, when you change the length of the elastic cord, you also change the tension and the amount that they offload. the shorter they are, the less elasticity they have. as i mentioned before, i've already given chris my feedback and he'll consider it.
    kev, i do understand what you're saying about the elastic helping prevent the belt from riding up, which is why we incorporated the shock cord into the HSLD suspender design. however, after using it for a while, i found that the suspenders were more effective for offloading belt weight when there was no elasticity. once you adjust the suspender, it should distribute the load the same even if you add more weight. the elastic would stretch with more weight, and you'd have to shorten the straps to put more weight on the shoulders. imagine having a ruck with elastic straps - how difficult it'd be to properly adjust to distribute the weight between the shoulders and the waist/hip belt. same train of thought.

also, when bending down or bending at the waist, the torso length doesn't change so much as to need elastic. sure, it might be a bit of a bother if the rear of the belt rides up when you're bending over, squatting or sitting down, but the suspenders aren't really doing what they're designed for at that point. it's when you're standing mostly upright where they're most effective. that's why with the new suspenders i came up with, they're designed to be efficient during the time they're used most - when you're standing and moving/bouncing around.
    i incorporated sternum and rear straps, which will completely eliminate the shoulder straps from falling off the shoulders:
    http://www.militarymorons.com/equipm...ine.html#emsus

Feedback Score

Question

FlyfishDave:

What did it actually cost given the exchange rate now with Canadian funds? What did Visa, Master Card actually charge you?

Can the tail hook thing in the back be secured? Or is it hanging down all the time, posing a snag hazard?

Thanks.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    FlyfishDave:

What did it actually cost given the exchange rate now with Canadian funds? What did Visa, Master Card actually charge you?

Can the tail hook thing in the back be secured? Or is it hanging down all the time, posing a snag hazard?

Thanks.

Back in Feb. when I ordered it, I paid using paypal and they deducted the listed amount in US dollars; I think CTOMS lists the price in US dollars - using Canadian can be confusing.

The rear clip-in point does not fold out of the way; if you have no need for it, it can be removed like an ordinary belt hanger.

Hope this helps.

DAve.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    FlyfishDave:

Thanks.
    I just bought the CTOMS belt and it was just over $218 shipped; the exchange rate of USD to Canadian dollars adds about $3 to the listed cost + shipping.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    for flyfishdave-

I may have missed this bit of info, but do you mind if I ask if you purchased this belt directly from CTOMS? Or maybe an intermediary outfit? Just curious.

Feedback Score
    Matt,

I purchased directly from CTOMS in Canada, via their website. I'm not sure if they have any distributors for their entire product line - they recently got the 1st production models of the X-Belt and started shipping just a few weeks ago. No issues with customs or tariffs - DHL just wanted my signature.

If you have specific questions, contact Chris (chris@ctoms.ca) or Allyson (allyson@ctoms.ca) - they've been very good with responding to questions.

Daave.

Feedback Score
    thanks dave

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Has anyone come up with a way to cover the buckle so it doesn't beat the snot out of your rifle when transitioning to your secondary? My TIS Quick-Cuff sling has elastic bands that would work if they were a bit wider...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast