Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CTOMS X-Belt PS – Molle Battle Belt Photos & Review:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Has anyone come up with a way to cover the buckle so it doesn't beat the snot out of your rifle when transitioning to your secondary? My TIS Quick-Cuff sling has elastic bands that would work if they were a bit wider...

Non issue when wearing a vest.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score

WAR BELT QUESTION

i have a question here, i want to order this belt but my question is can i fit my Enhanced M-16 Mag Hip under neath the molle, cause i know the ctom belt can accomidate drop legs and stuff, heres the link to the pouch that i have

http://www.gearbroker.net/catalog/it...52/3894111.htm

iam not a big fan of drop legs, but for some reason the hip pouch is pretty comfy, any help would be great ,.... thanks

Feedback Score
    Here's the detailed close-up of the padded molle portion interfacing with the included rigger's belt:

The two lateral padded portions (left & right) have three (3) loops into which the belt feeds, which have a hook and loop portion that secures the molle panel flat against belt and loops.

I'm not quite sure how your hip pouch attaches to any belt, but I imagine if you are to have success in integrating it to the rigger's belt portion, it either has to fit between any two (2) velcroed loops OR if it is wider than the space between any two (2) loops, it either has to have two individual tunnels or a large tunnel with a cut out to straddle that middle velcro backed loop on the padded portion. Not sure if that makes sense.

Also consider that the belt is padded and it's thickness may sit proud enough over your pouch flaps to impeded any removal of items/mags w/o hitting the lower portion of the padded belt, or for that matter, any other item that you decide to attach on the belt above your pouch.

If you can get a detailed description of the backside of your pouch, I may be able to give you an idea if it will fit w/o much modification. Alternatively, if your pouch has one really long tunnel, you can probably thread the entire pouch onto the rigger's portion and skip the middle velcro loop on the padded belt portion.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    thank you for your great help sir, its actually designed to fit a 2 inch wide military web belt and i am hoping i can loop it through the rigger belt and wont intefer with the molle so i can attached my other gear via molle, the attachment panel on the pouch is about i guess 6 to 7 inches long and its a loop that you would insert a belt through

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishdave View Post
    CTOMS X-Belt PS – Update & some more photos:

Had a chance to get some pouches attached to the X-Belt prior to today’s match so I could give it a good work out. I set it up for 3-gun, with Eagle FB rifle/pistol pouches, a CSM dump pouch, a Maxpedition small utility pouch, and an Eagle shotshell pouch.

I’m a photographer as well as many other things before being a model, so since my buddy T wanted to try the belt, he let me take some photos while he posed for the camera. Besides, he doesn’t have a spare tire around the midsection to ruin the shots.

MM brought up a good point about the adjustability of the suspenders. While the shock cord/bungee system works well when worn, they are not easily adjusted in haste. I think a combination of the shock cords, along with an adjustable length of nylon using sliders and buckles may also work. As Kevin noted, I could see the suspenders falling off the shoulders w/o some form of elastic tension, especially when kneeling and changing positions.

For me, the only time I see myself adjusting the length of the suspenders is when the weather gets cooler, and will need to wear a light jacket or pullover under all this. Given the overall merits of the X-Belt’s design, I don’t think the suspenders should be a deal breaker.

The other concern I wanted to address (common in some other molle belts) is the belt rolling over itself under load. While the stiffened nylon snap button tabs of the eagle pouches and malice clips help the molle panel stay erect, the X-Belt has a plastic sheet sewn into the outer layer of the padded portion (the side directly under the inner belt) which keeps the belt from rolling over itself when the attached molle flap panel is under load. This plastic sheet runs the entire height of the belt, top to bottom.

Note, the actual molle panel does not have the plastic sheet. Since there is a generous layer of padding between your waist and plastic, you don’t notice anything at all. In fact, they were surprisingly comfortable to wear, and had no pressure points or pinching when twisting and moving about the waist. However, like any padded material that is cinched snug around you, it does get warm under it all; I will say despite today’s heat and humidity, I was better off with a belt rather than a chest rig.

So…in conclusion…CTOMS has hit a grand slam with this well executed, made in the USA product, worth every hard-earned penny indeed!

just wondering, how are the m4/pistol mag combo pouches hold up during, running, jumping and prone move and shooting drills, how secure are they?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    by the way, for those of you who need a rescue/climbing harness and combat belt, CTOMS is coming out with their M-Harness, which is the X-Belt PS system with an integrated climbing harness. the the leg loops are removable and are stored in a pouch. this was to eliminate having to have two separate pieces of equipment (battle belt + harness), compatibility issues (wearing both at the same time) and having problems with donning/doffing a harness without having to remove a battle belt.

Feedback Score
    I hate to sound like an idiot but I looked all over Ealges sight and cannot find those mag pouches. Do you have a link by any chance?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    by the way, for those of you who need a rescue/climbing harness and combat belt, CTOMS is coming out with their M-Harness, which is the X-Belt PS system with an integrated climbing harness. the the leg loops are removable and are stored in a pouch. this was to eliminate having to have two separate pieces of equipment (battle belt + harness), compatibility issues (wearing both at the same time) and having problems with donning/doffing a harness without having to remove a battle belt.
    Is the M-Harness an add-on and compatible with current X-Belt PS?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Is the M-Harness an add-on and compatible with current X-Belt PS?
    no and yes. it's going to be sold as a complete system (as far as i know, but i'll ask to be sure) - not as an add-on, but utilizes the same pad system as the X-Belt PS. the X-Belt QR (the inner riggers belt) is replaced with a new belt/harness system that has detachable leg loops.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    no and yes. it's going to be sold as a complete system (as far as i know, but i'll ask to be sure) - not as an add-on, but utilizes the same pad system as the X-Belt PS. the X-Belt QR (the inner riggers belt) is replaced with a new belt/harness system that has detachable leg loops.
    Thanks I would appreciate the confirmation. I was going to purchase the current X-Belt as they are running them at about $50 off regular price for a holiday sale, or perhaps because the new system is coming out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast