Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic SHTF Scenarios;

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 01-01-15 at 22:54.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    Electrical grid instability. I won't go into any details on specific vulnerabilities.

Could result in 3 day to 7 day regional blackouts.
    With a space weather event like 1859 or 1921 the worst case could be years of regional outage and recovery. The NRC report on severe space weather is a few years old but still largely applicable.

http://www.nap.edu/catalog/12507/sev...onomic-impacts

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    We are massively vulnerable to a large scale cyber threat both from a nation state or by a well organized group. We have no other greater threat. This country can be brought to it's knees in less than a week. The majority of the population especially on the coasts has no idea how to function without modern day technology.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    This country can be brought to it's knees in less than a week. The majority of the population especially on the coasts has no idea how to function without modern day technology.
    This. Anything that causes an interruption to Food, water, fuel/energy can trigger a messy situation. We had a 70s like gas crunch in the Phoenix area a few years back because of a gas line failure.

It should have been a complete non-issue, but it triggered panic runs on gas station fuel and got pretty retarded. It was a good small scale taste of how bad idiots will behave in the panic mode of a REAL interruption.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Exactly Moose-Knuckle. You see people on Black Friday trample others to save a couple bucks. Imagine how bad it can get if people are hungry?

I think infrastructure loss after a financial crash is the most realistic scenario.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-02-15 at 11:43.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    A little off topic, but after watching that Black Friday video, and having worked retail for 7 years earlier in my life, it brings back the bad memories of seeing what people can become over nothing.

To quote a movie trailer, "You're all puppets, tangled in... strings."

Same people who will not be prepared should a disaster strike, and feel "entitled" to our preps.

/end rant.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark1443 View Post

Same people who will not be prepared should a disaster strike, and feel "entitled" to our preps.

/end rant.
    That is where is can get real bad. Several come after supplies that a person can defend, several of the FSA die. When one assclown died from attacking a LEO they burned a city. What do you think they will do if you kill several and they NEED your food?

It is a downward spiral............ And the end is very bloody.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    That is where is can get real bad. Several come after supplies that a person can defend, several of the FSA die. When one assclown died from attacking a LEO they burned a city. What do you think they will do if you kill several and they NEED your food?

It is a downward spiral............ And the end is very bloody.
    All the more reason to emphatically recommend anybody who isn't of such a mindset to move the **** out of an area like that. With a buffer between you and an area like that.

Zombies are real. And they don't have to play by the rules.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    All the more reason to emphatically recommend anybody who isn't of such a mindset to move the **** out of an area like that. With a buffer between you and an area like that.

Zombies are real. And they don't have to play by the rules.
    That is the best thing to do. Some people are stuck in areas like that do to family and/or jobs or live there and have a place to go to that has built in buffers.

If/when a situation as described does happen it will cause the entire chain of events to rapidly go down the drain very fast. Because of this the overall "disaster" may not have been catastrophic but the after effect can cause it to be.

That is why in situations where large events happen the powers that be will devert resources to the large cities as soon as possible not because there are more people there but because of the possibly that the aftereffects will get out of control. I have seen unaffected areas loose power in order to devert resources to large cities.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Last edited by South; 02-14-15 at 11:05.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast