Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic SHTF Scenarios;

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    RE: Slab

Slab, the basic belief of mine, is that society would become tribal/feudal.

Think Africa. Africa is exactly what it would be like if American society imploded.

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    Jokes aside, looking at the walking dead. I know it is a TV show but look at the some of the scenarios that come up in that show. People are going to do one of many things, work together, steal from others, act as a gang and do whatever they want to do just because.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post

Think Africa. Africa is exactly what it would be like if American society imploded.
    I strongly doubt that american society is going to implode into the cesspool that is africa or that the rest of the country will resemble detroit. The USA turning into Somalia, Siera Leone, or Venezuela for that matter is not really going to happen. If a significant economic downturn were to occur, the US standard of living would suffer. Suffer to becoming the equivalent of say, Britain, Spain, Uruguay, St.Kitts, or some 'second' world nation. People would still be employed, some making less, some more, depending on skill, profession, fortune, or luck.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    I strongly doubt that american society is going to implode into the cesspool that is africa or that the rest of the country will resemble detroit. The USA turning into Somalia, Siera Leone, or Venezuela for that matter is not really going to happen. If a significant economic downturn were to occur, the US standard of living would suffer. Suffer to becoming the equivalent of say, Britain, Spain, Uruguay, St.Kitts, or some 'second' world nation. People would still be employed, some making less, some more, depending on skill, profession, fortune, or luck.
    I'm talking worst-case scenario.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You are talking about full on TEOTWAWKI

Feedback Score
    So was I :-)

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    You are talking about full on TEOTWAWKI
    Naw. Full on TEOTWAWKI would be a scenario from Hugo DeGaris', "Artilect War", or James Barrat's, "Our Final Invention".

Lights out, and golden hordes is Disneyland in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    So was I :-)
    See, it's all a matter of perspective. If that's the worst that could happen...we got dis.

; )
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 01-17-15 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    one winter without elec., heat, food or shelter and most of the city people would be dead

no telling how many others they will take out as they migrate out of the cities looking for food

be like a herd of locust

most anyone would kill you over a can of beanie weinies if they are hungry enough

You don't want to have confrontations with these people. Sooner or later one will get you.

Just stay hid for one winter and they will be gone.

then the real survival game starts. Have you got what it takes.

Feedback Score

I understand the Africa piece, I'm just not convinced it is "realistic", as that is what the OP was hunting... But, I’ll bite-how do you realistically prepare for that? Africa has been in a state of poo for a bit, the "lights going out"/diabetics running out of insulin; happened a while ago... Do you prepare to prevent or prepare to accept that the guy on dialysis is toast...?
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoodyar15 View Post
    Somewhere in there you will probably get killed.
    And?

I can get ran over crossing the street, a piece of space junk could crash through my roof while I'm asleep in my bed and kill me, I could choke to death while eating dinner at the table, etc., life is full of risks.

At what point is it just not worth it any more. Most of the prepper types look at this like a great adventure. Living like they did during the settlement of this country would be damn hard. Most of us are way too soft and don't have the skills to make it.
    There will always be weak people, physically and mentally. Suicide will be a common occurrence in a TEOTWAWKI event. As long as I have blood coursing through my veins and air in my lungs I'll will fight, it's just my nature . . . it is who I am.

Best way to survive is to have food and water for a year and crawl in a hole and stay for a year. Avoid all contact with people. Most of the population would be dead by then. Big problem is when you crawl out of that hole and start trying to put a life back together the only people left will be the strong and hard. Question is do you have what it would take to survive? Would you really want to?
    Life as been hard for people since the dawn time, only until the last couple of centuries have we reached current population numbers due to things like petro chemicals and the internal combustion engine. I'm glad all of those countless human before didn't throw in the towel . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast