Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Realistic SHTF Scenarios;

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Don't forget those friggin cockroaches and fire ants in FL brother. You haven't lived until you've had an armful of those damned fire ants and the puss filled sores that quickly follow.
    My man, you are not kidding. And you realize you're in a bed of those bastards when...

...there's about 200 of them half way up your leg. And those miserable pimple-like sores...keep em!

Don't even start my ass on chiggers...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Mosquitos are definitely annoying, but bug repellant can help.

Those snakes, roaches, and fire ants don't play around though!!! I hear that! Was just out at the beach playing corn hole on Saturday and had one biting my ankle. ONE. and it about made me shriek.

I hate the cold, and can understand how deadly it can be, but I'll be damned if it is any more deadly than 100* temps with 80* dew points, bugs, disease (west Nile virus) and no fresh water.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Mosquitos are definitely annoying, but bug repellant can help.

Those snakes, roaches, and fire ants don't play around though!!! I hear that! Was just out at the beach playing corn hole on Saturday and had one biting my ankle. ONE. and it about made me shriek.

I hate the cold, and can understand how deadly it can be, but I'll be damned if it is any more deadly than 100* temps with 80* dew points, bugs, disease (west Nile virus) and no fresh water.
    Ahem:

Last edited by Outlander Systems; 01-20-15 at 19:40.

Feedback Score
    i encountered the most mosquitoes in Minnesota, just in terms of shear numbers.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FL thinks the official state bird is the Mosquito? I think Alaska might have something to say about that.

I have visited both and I regret to inform you that Alaska wins this one.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    FL thinks the official state bird is the Mosquito? I think Alaska might have something to say about that.

I have visited both and I regret to inform you that Alaska wins this one.
    No doubt. I believe you there, but how long does mosquito season last in Alaska?

It's January and I still get bitten. It just never ends. It never ever ends.

What about Alaskas snakes, fire ants, and creepy crawlies?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    An Alaskan friend says the No-see-ums are even worse than the mosquitos.

http://www.alaskacenters.gov/pests.cfm
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Worst place for mosquitoes I have experienced in Florida was Flamingo. Used to go there regularly fishing when I worked in south Florida. Only place I have been where there was a real danger of choking on them they were so think you couldn't breathe. If you hang a lure up in the mangroves do not go over there and try to retrieve it. clouds come out of the trees.

Florida has lots of seasons. There is sand gnat season, yellow fly season, black fly season, deer fly season and it is always mosquito season. Many times I have been standing on the front casting deck and looked down and there was blood all over the deck. Look at my ankles and the yellow fly bites with blood trails coming from them. They will make you run for the truck.

Florida the land of humidity and biting flies! If it weren't for AC not so many would live there.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoodyar15 View Post
    Worst place for mosquitoes I have experienced in Florida was Flamingo. Used to go there regularly fishing when I worked in south Florida. Only place I have been where there was a real danger of choking on them they were so think you couldn't breathe. If you hang a lure up in the mangroves do not go over there and try to retrieve it. clouds come out of the trees.

Florida has lots of seasons. There is sand gnat season, yellow fly season, black fly season, deer fly season and it is always mosquito season. Many times I have been standing on the front casting deck and looked down and there was blood all over the deck. Look at my ankles and the yellow fly bites with blood trails coming from them. They will make you run for the truck.

Florida the land of humidity and biting flies! If it weren't for AC not so many would live there.
    Florida:

Made civilized through the power of Air Conditioning and Pest Control.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    No doubt. I believe you there, but how long does mosquito season last in Alaska?

It's January and I still get bitten. It just never ends. It never ever ends.

What about Alaskas snakes, fire ants, and creepy crawlies?
    I wasn't trying to make this an AK vs FL scary dangerous outdoors contest. You probably don't want to either, because AK wins again. Wolves, Grizzly bear, moose, winter weather, bush planes that disappear. Sure, FL has more bugs most of the year. I guess that's the price you pay for not having to own a coat.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast